Charlie Hunter Trio at the Jazz Kitchen

My favorite is probably "Return of the Candyman", with Stefon Harris on vibes. Coming in second on my list is his "Natty Dread" album in the Blue Note covers series.

I haven't heard his past couple of discs (including the one with Norah Jones guesting), so I'm not sure if his style has changed too much.

He also did a couple of TJ Kirk albums, dedicated to playing the musis of Thelonious Monk, James Brown, and Roland Kirk. I've got one of these, and it's a fun listen.

Although his sound can be kind of "sparse", I think it would be fascinating to see him play that 8-string guitar...

Okay Rachel, I'm there! First stop Austin, to pick up Lon & Brandon, then up to DFW for JSngry & Big Al - anyone else I'm forgetting?

Probably have to swing by KC on the way up to pick up Rooster and the crew in that area (gotta fill up this VW minibus, right??)

VW_minibus.jpg

Rachel - You mind if we stay for a few weeks? Double bill of Brad Mehldau Trio and John Scofield Trio at the Indy Jazz Festival on June 19th.

I hope White River State Park ain't too far from your driveway, cuz that's where we'll be sleeping!! :D And could you run an extension cord out to my van, so we can plug in the mini-keg fridge?

07-02-01_Val_Tom_Bob_sleeping_in_car.jpg

PS - None of these people are Lon, Sngry, Big Al, or myself (and why is Cheney wearing that frog t-shirt??). They are simply being used for illustrative purposes.

Edited by Aggie87

White River Park is only 10.2 miles from my front door. If I can find about 520.24 100' extension cords (I already have two) lying around we could set you up in their parking lot ^_^ and you could stumble right to the stage!! I'm still on for the second round!!!

Mark