Japanese-only BN covers (King, etc...)

Rooster_Ties

I really like some of these (and not others, if you know what I mean), and there are several here that I'd never seen before just now. Enjoy!!

Go here: http://gokudo.co.jp/Record/SPRec/ -- and scroll down a bit, below the LT series (the ones with the white borders).

Here's a few that were totally new to me...

bl7%20124.jpg

bl7%20127.jpg

bl7%20140.jpg

bl7%20141.jpg

bl7%20146.jpg

bl7%20149.jpg

bl7%20150.jpg

bl7%20153.jpg

bl7%20154.jpg

bl7%20155.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, what's the story on this one??????

bl7%20162.jpg

EDIT: And then there's also this too...

64.12.11.jpg

This promo sampler contains 43 tracks of excerpts from famed critic Shoichi Yui, offered in two sections titled "The Golden Age of Modern Jazz" and "Jazz in Transition".

:huh:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

A lot of the above covers were included in the second and third BN album art books ("Volume 2" and "The "ultimate collection").

I've only got Volume 1, but I do have the smaller-footprint BN cover book that came out recently. (So perhaps I have seen a few of these before, but not more than maybe just once -- and I sure don't remember any of these that I've posted in this thread.)

I'm sure that most of these have been reissued in some form or another (e.g. Street Singer in Jackie's Bag) but what about Blakey's Live at the Renaissance Club? Has that come out as something else?

Four of the tracks were released in the U.S. on BN-LA573-J2 (70's twofer series). Some titles from the session were released in Japan only. Further titles were released on United Artists (THREE BLIND MICE, VOL. 2).

Is a Japanese issue the only way to get a hold of Jackie Mac's 'Hipnosis'? The title tune keeps buzzing around in my head and I want to get the disc, but no luck on Tower or BN so far in locating the disc? Anyone know where I could get this domestically? Is it OOP in the USA? Thanks loads for any leads.

Re the Mobley-  the art for BNJ 61006 is almost identical (except for the lettering) to BN 1560

Ah yes ...

(the US version with Donald Byrd versus KD)

(almost like one of those kid picture games where you have two similar pictures and you have to figure what is different - in this case, the Japanese version has "quintet" and the colors of the design have been transposed)

Edited by Eric

Thanks for posting these ! The Hutcherson 'Inner Glow' is a new one for me - I wonder what this one sounds like? (with Harold Land in the lineup I'll bet its a winner..)

no doubt ... never heard of this one ... anybody know it?

Is a Japanese issue the only way to get a hold of Jackie Mac's 'Hipnosis'? The title tune keeps buzzing around in my head and I want to get the disc, but no luck on Tower or BN so far in locating the disc? Anyone know where I could get this domestically? Is it OOP in the USA? Thanks loads for any leads.

It's on the Moncur Mosaic Select, and it's on a 2-fer LP from the 70s.