What's the Worst 45 you ever bought?

I was going to post this on Moose's Album thread, but I realized it really deserves its own topic: A single you loved way back when, but now recognize as frighteningly horrible, repellent dreck.

I am embarrased to admit I bought the following 45s when they were hits:

"Billy Don't Be a Hero"

"The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia"

(in fact, they're still in my parent's house this very minute. Wonder if they're worth anything ... ;)

Boy, Dan; it was one thing to admit to the David Essex LP, but now I've got to really embarrass myself! I offer no explanation other than that offered by Nat King Cole..."blame it on my youth"; I was only ten. I actually bought a copy of the Archies' Bangshangalang. :(

I'll be leaving now to live in exile on the Norah Jones board...

The most embarrassing record I ever bought was a 10" LP called "Voices of Haiti", when I was about 15, from a bargain bin.

Now, it probably doesn't sound that bad, and you all are probably thinking that it might have been interesting.

Or maybe not. But, that's how I justified throwing away 99cents, which was way overpriced.

It was an entire record of discordant chants, shouts and really horrible drumming.

Chants, shouts and drumming are quite often very enjoyable, in fact, I'm quite partial to drums, but this was noise and, not in a good way.

My brothers would put it on the record-player and make fun of me. That's how bad it was.

In Haiti, the indiginous music is not at all like reggae, or native South African music. :rolleyes: