NBA Playoffs...

Ok, I can't believe no one has started a thread dedicated to the playoffs yet, so I'm going to.

Watched the first game of the Pistons/Bucks game today. Ben Wallace almost had a triple double and had 17 points. Sheed had 17 as well. Now that's scary!

At one point the Pistons were up by 30 points. They are doing what they should do, which is sweep this series.

Lakers got lucky on Saturday.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed up and watched the Lakers-Rockets game on Saturday. I think if the Rockets had taken the ball to the hoop on the final play, they could've won the game. Either by sinking the basket or getting fouled by the Lakes. I can't imagine that 3 point attempt was drawn up at all. Lakers were very lucky to escape with a win, on their own court no less. But a win's a win, either way.

I read the first round is now a best of 7 series. When did they change from best of 5? Could they drag the playoffs out any longer?? It's like a complete second season of basketball (more exciting than the regular season as well).

my 5 star picks

west

tenderwolves and dallas win the first round games

the three time defending champs and the sorry spurs also advance

tenderwolves vs lakers in the conference finals. lakers win in six

lakers will beat houston 4-0 or 4-1

east

pacers and heat win first round

who cares about the heat and hornets??

pistons and new jersey win

pacers vs pistons in conference finals. this one could go 7 games. pistons win

finals

lakers win over pistons

ss1

Sorry catesta, but being in south Texas, I'm rooting for the "sorry" Spurs, THE defending champions. Ginobili outta win the 6th Man award, or whatever it's called. And Duncan is equally deserving of MVP, whether he or Garnett win it. Spurs aren't flashy like the Lakers, but they have been consistently solid, and play team ball.

Lakers need to pick up their game alot, if they want to advance past the 1st round. I'm sure the Zen-Master will light a fire under them somehow.

I posted this on another board the other day before the playoffs got started, and I'm fairly confident in my picks. The only thing is that there are quite a few wild cards - for example the Sac-Dallas game the other night. Doug Christie came through in a big way, Bibby and Webber were playing well together - if they can keep that kind of play up, my predictions shoud hold up, I think.

Minnesota over Denver, 4-1

Sacramento over Dallas, 4-3

San Antonio over Memphis, 4-2

LA over Houston, 4-1

Indiana over Boston, 4-1

New Orleans over Miami, 4-2

Detroit over Milwaukee, 4-0

New Jersey over New York, 4-1

Sacramento over Minnesota, 4-3

LA over San Antonio, 4-3

Indiana over New Orleans, 4-2

Detroit over New Jersey, 4-3

LA over Sacramento, 4-2

Indiana over Detroit, 4-2

Indiana over LA, 4-3

The W-L in each series are the biggest who-the-f-knows of the thing, as far as I'm concerned.

My picks, using Chucky's post for a primer...

Minnesota over Denver, 4-1

Sacramento over Dallas, 4-1

San Antonio over Memphis, 4-1

LA over Houston, 4-0

Indiana over Boston, 4-0

Miami over New Orleans, 4-3

Detroit over Milwaukee, 4-0

New Jersey over New York, 4-0

Sacramento over Minnesota, 4-3

LA over San Antonio, 4-3

Indiana over Miami, 4-1

Detroit over New Jersey, 4-3

LA over Sacramento, 4-3

Detroit over Indiana, 4-3

LA over Detroit, 4-1

Sorry to tell you this SS but this is Kev's year.....until he meets Wallace2 in the finals.  Pistons in 7.  :bwallace:

I can't see the Pistons (or Pacers) winning a playoff series against any of the top 4 West teams. They are totally outmatched in terms of talent.

Guy

Edited by Guy Berger