How's the weather?

Just took a look at the weather radar. There's a block of heavy rain heading toward the Chicago area that's as wide as one-third of Iowa. Right now it's about to drench Davenport.

... and the rest of Stockport, I expect :)

This Davenport has jazz associations, as well as the Iowa one. I saw Shorty Rogers at the Davenport Theater in the mid-eighties leading NYJO (British National Youth Jazz Orchestra). He wrote a marvelous composition for them called "Davenport" which has probably never been recorded.

Edited by BillF

Just took a look at the weather radar. There's a block of heavy rain heading toward the Chicago area that's as wide as one-third of Iowa. Right now it's about to drench Davenport.

... and the rest of Stockport, I expect :)

This Davenport has jazz associations, as well as the Iowa one. I saw Shorty Rogers at the Davenport Theater in the mid-eighties leading NYJO (British National Youth Jazz Orchestra). He wrote a marvelous composition for them called "Davenport" which has probably never been recorded.

I remember the Davenport very well Bill. Never went to a jazz show, though I do remember a children's show in the very early eighties (my dad was the musical director) and Steve Coogan's "Bag Of Shite" show in about 1993.

I only live round the corner from the site. They sold it to Stockport Grammar school and Kwik Fit, if you didn't know. It would be nice to hear that tune.

Humid and cloudy.

The crows outside are going berserk, does anyone have any idea why crows sometimes erupt into total bedlam ??

Where we used to live we had a load of crows in the neighbourhood. And every afternoon, they'd congregate in a neighbour's tree, a very mature beech - hundreds of 'em. Then, all together, they'd take off yelling like crazies, wheel around in a big black cloud, then settle back into the same tree. They'd do this several times as dusk was approaching. Most dramatic.

No rain today, so far. Went shopping into Cardiff - on the way back, it was raining in the small village of Creigiau, but nowhere else - I think it was specially for the benefit of a friend of ours.

MG

My office is Phoenix was hit by a flash flood early Friday morning. We had about a foot of water run through the place.

Cost me a small fortune to have a company come out extract the water and run huge dryers and de-humidifiers over the weekend.

I hate to see what the electric bill is going to be.

:tdown

My office is Phoenix was hit by a flash flood early Friday morning. We had about a foot of water run through the place.

Cost me a small fortune to have a company come out extract the water and run huge dryers and de-humidifiers over the weekend.

That sucks. I take it you own the business? Something like that happened at the museum I used to work at, except it was a ceiling sprinkler malfunction. It just happened to be over my desk and it destroyed my office. But the water stayed on all night and flooded the entire floor resulting in the same clean-up as yours.

I went camping with my son this past weekend, on Lake Mathis (between Corpus Christi & San Antonio). It was against my better judgement because it's the middle of summer, but it was a cub scout activity, and I just signed him up a few weeks ago, and he really wanted to go.

It was HOTTER than blazes out there - mid-100's, and 98 in the shade. We chugged water all day long, while doing some archery, bb gun shooting, canoeing, climbing walls, and other things. I kept the rainfly off of our tent at night, just to get some air to circulate, but it must have been 85 at midnight. Was nice to be able to look up at the stars from inside the tent though!

He had a great time, so that's what matters. But I'm gonna wait until October or after to consider getting the tent back out...

That sucks. I take it you own the business? Something like that happened at the museum I used to work at, except it was a ceiling sprinkler malfunction. It just happened to be over my desk and it destroyed my office. But the water stayed on all night and flooded the entire floor resulting in the same clean-up as yours.

Yep.

The place is a mess. Dude came back and said they needed to continue to run the dryer fans for another day or two since their was still moisture behind the walls. This is the third time we've gone through this shit. Had some grade and drainage work done last summer and this was the first real test since. It failed.

Go figure in dry ass place like Phoenix, get a little rain and that shit has to roll into my yard.

Fuckin' waste of money. I'm going to purchase a modular office that will be at least a couple of feet off the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not raining at this precise moment, so I just nipped out to measure the water in the water butt we bought three weeks ago. We intend to connect it to the downpipe from the garage, but haven't got round to it. So it's out there in the open, just getting what rain falls directly onto it. In three weeks it's got seven inches. But the butt is bigger at the bottom than the hole in the top, so I guess we've had about nine or ten inches of rain in three weeks!

Pissed off with this.

MG