How's the weather?

65 and sunny. :)

I've been meaning to ask, Paul, how you've enjoyed the winter in Tallahassee so far. I told you it would get cold eventually - and then the temperatures would bounce back to a nice range. I really miss that down here in Palm Beach county.

It's been very pleasant the last month or so. For me it's very comfortable, but the locals are bundled up like it's freezing.

A welcome break from what's going to return in another couple months.

• 3 weeks later...

February 22, 2008

Snowstorm Blankets New York

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 8:50 a.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- A snowstorm blanketed the city early Friday, causing headaches for commuters and delaying flights at the region's major airports.

The National Weather Service predicted 5 to 7 inches for New York City, and more in some northern suburbs. The storm is the first significant snowfall so far this winter in the city.

snow_650_3.jpg

The West Side Highway in the West Village on Friday.

snow_650_1.jpg

Astor Place in Manhattan on Friday.

I thought my eyes were in need of a tuning up when the sky turned yellow around 3 o'clock, the wind was howling and the trees were thrashing around. Seems we got swiped by a sandstorm from China, must be their revenge for losing 1-0 in the football match the other night.

Doesn't bode well for the Olympics.

February 22, 2008

Snowstorm Blankets New York

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 8:50 a.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- A snowstorm blanketed the city early Friday, causing headaches for commuters and delaying flights at the region's major airports.

The National Weather Service predicted 5 to 7 inches for New York City, and more in some northern suburbs. The storm is the first significant snowfall so far this winter in the city.

snow_650_3.jpg

The West Side Highway in the West Village on Friday.

snow_650_1.jpg

Astor Place in Manhattan on Friday.

Great pictures, 7/4. I don't remember snow like that for over a decade!

Grey here - 11 degrees C. Five days ago it was -8 when I left for work!

OK - not strictly weather but earthquake last night. About 5.4 on Richter, a very rare event indeed in England.

It was several hundred miles to the North of here but I felt it - I was reading Jazzwise at the time in bed and the pages started wobbling of their own accord :blink: . OK, it was one of Stuart Nicholson's articles :g but I was shocked nevertheless. Realised immediately it was a tremor.

Question to MG - was it noticeable in South Wales?

Edited by sidewinder

OK - not strictly weather but earthquake last night. About 5.4 on Richter, a very rare event indeed in England.

It was several hundred miles to the North of here but I felt it - I was reading Jazzwise at the time in bed and the pages started wobbling of their own accord :blink: . OK, it was one of Stuart Nicholson's articles :g but I was shocked nevertheless. Realised immediately it was a tremor.

Question to MG - was it noticeable in South Wales?

It seems so, but we'd gone to bed and it didn't wake us up. Four minutes to one and work tomorrow? (today)

MG

Guest Bill Barton

Well, it may not be "official spring" yet in the Pacific Northwest but it surely feels like it. We've had beautiful sunny weather and moderate temperatures for days now...