Full-session CD releases of Hank Mobley’s No Room For Squares, The Turnaround, Straight No Filter, etc… — ???

Rooster_Ties

The only one I’ve ever owned was the McMaster of No Room For Squares — because it’s one of the few BN dates with Andrew Hill as a sideman.

I presume one of the other of the four (it is four sessions, right??) came out specifically as the McMaster of The Turnaround! — correct??

Basically, to cut to the chase — can someone remind me about how to get these four sessions (was it four full-length sessions??) — on four separate CD’s, one session per CD??

I’ve never been able to wrap my head around these sessions, and I’ve decided to ditch my domestic RVG’s of Squares, Turnaround, and my CD of No Filter too — and I can’t for the life of me remember the 4th one (or if there ever even was a 4th one).

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• Rooster_Ties changed the title to Full-session CD releases of Hank Mobley’s No Room For Squares, The Turnaround, Straight No Filter, etc… — ???

True, if you have sufficient space and money, and no pull towards the original album art.  I actually have kept both the McMaster's and the RVG's of these three albums, and have not been going for the BN Mosaics.  Incidentally, the same dynamic happened with Jimmy Smith's The Sermon and Housparty, where the McMaster's separate the two sessions, and the RVG's have the original LP running order, which mixes the two sessions.  Also different bonus cuts between the two sets of releases.  and I took the same tack, own both the McMaster's and the RVG's.

It's 3 album length sessions and a shorty - the Straight No Filter session of 6/17/66 runs 3 tunes at 21:40 - adding the never issued outtake Curtis Fuller tune from Caddy For Daddy would presumably get it up to full-ish length, although I have no idea exactly how long or how good that performance is.