Classic V-Disc Small Group Jazz #279 – 11 CDs

58 minutes ago, Fred said:

Can't wait to order from Jazz Messengers of other european dealers. I can't afford any esose customs fees anymore.

Same here. Last two or three experiences ordering directly from Mosaic have been a nightmare.... moneywise.

Having said that, this is one of the most exciting Mosaics sets from the last five years. And that means a lot! 

Well, I pre-ordered and I have to say that this will probably be the last set that I buy from Mosaic.  It has just become too unpleasant an experience to deal with them.  

As usual, I received no confirmation of my order, just a note saying that my order is under review.   Then I noticed that my account had been charged immediately for the money.  That surprised me a bit, as Mosaic usually does not charge until shipment.  I am OK with being charged now.  But I would like a receipt. I would like a confirmation number.  I would like an invoice.   Don't just take my money and give me nothing. :(

Edited by John L

18 minutes ago, John L said:

Well, I pre-ordered and I have to say that this will probably be the last set that I buy from Mosaic.  It has just become too unpleasant an experience to deal with them.  

As usual, I received no confirmation of my order, just a note saying that my order is under review.   Then I noticed that my account had been charged immediately for the money.  That surprised me a bit, as Mosaic usually does not charge until shipment.  I am OK with being charged now.  But I would like a receipt. I would like a confirmation number.  I would like an invoice.   Don't just take my money and give me nothing. :(

Be sure to check your spam folder.  The response to my order ended up there even though I have had plenty of email from info@mosaicrecords.com

Edited by Stompin at the Savoy

11 minutes ago, John L said:

I don't think in all the years I've been ordering sets from Mosaic that I've ever gotten any of that, just a confirmation of the order. Sometimes I get a note that a set has been shipped, sometimes not, but they always seem to get here. Anyway, you say that now, but one of those Vanguard sets is said to be ready to go by Christmas.......!

I never had any issues with Mosaic until they farmed out their shipping. It has gotten better but I would sometimes get shipping notices, sometimes not, sometimes it would take me forever to get orders that I placed day one while someone else who ordered when they began shipping got their order a week or two before mine. I've never had them charge for an order before shipping when I didn't use PayPal where they get the money immediately--BUT I have been using PayPal when ordering for probably ten years or more.

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

My confirmation notice came, like. 8+ hours after the order was placed and given an order # on the website.

Not sure what automation lag could be closed to make that gap less large.

Yes, I finally did get a confirmation email about 7 hours after I made the order.  

I preordered and paid through PayPal, so payment was immediate. Of course, I got a receipt from PayPal.

I also immediately received a communication from Mosaic acknowledging receipt of my order, along with an order number, shipping address, date, order quantity, price, and product.  It also states that a tracking number will be provided when it’s shipped. 

I did have a thought about credit cards being charged at the time of pre-order in this instance. It has to do with possible delays in the actual release date extending beyond the 30 day hold period for credit card information in Mosaic’s system. 

On 9/26/2024 at 12:25 PM, jazzbo said:

I never had any issues with Mosaic until they farmed out their shipping. It has gotten better but I would sometimes get shipping notices, sometimes not, sometimes it would take me forever to get orders that I placed day one while someone else who ordered when they began shipping got their order a week or two before mine. I've never had them charge for an order before shipping when I didn't use PayPal where they get the money immediately--BUT I have been using PayPal when ordering for probably ten years or more.

I used to do credit card ordering, but there were kinks, so I've followed your example and used paypal for a while. Seems to work much better.