Newly discovered Mozart composition.

Hardbopjazz

As far as I can tell, yes and it was the first performance since discovery (pieces of the video have been reposted by other Youtubers). Comments say that the piece (perhaps a different version) is now on Spotify.

Funny that Bild should post it. I always got the impression Bild was a tabloid and distinctly low-brow. Perhaps that's why they referred to the new "Song".

23 minutes ago, T.D. said:

Funny that Bild should post it. I always got the impression Bild was a tabloid and distinctly low-brow. Perhaps that's why they referred to the new "Song".

Yes, indeed - even though you can be sure that the person writing "song" there knew better, probably laughed when they wrote it... In the video title it says "Stück", "piece", which is more conventional language... The accompanying Bild article also mentioned that the musicians were kids themselves (16, 17 and 20 years old) and that the composition consists of a march followed by six short movements 

The Manuscript depicted in the link in the first post shows the violoncello part (basso) - obviously the pages had been cut a little bit, truncating the word "violoncello" at the top, when they were bound. It is seven movements in total, 12 minutes all together, which is normal for a serenade at the time it was probably written. If you follow the written music of the pages shown you can see it is all the seven parts. The applause, well ...... 

Edited by mikeweil