Russell Malone, RIP

Dan Gould

RIP.  His playing with Benny Green was awesome. 

Malone was scheduled to appear at Blue Note Tokyo until the 23rd, but apparently died suddenly on the 22nd. However, Carter and his pianist did a show in Takasaki on the 24th without Malone. That's pure professionalism.

9 hours ago, mhatta said:

RIP.  His playing with Benny Green was awesome. 

Malone was scheduled to appear at Blue Note Tokyo until the 23rd, but apparently died suddenly on the 22nd. However, Carter and his pianist did a show in Takasaki on the 24th without Malone. That's pure professionalism.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

From Ron...

I am currently on a tour that began as The Golden Striker Trio, consisting of Russell Malone, Donald Vega, and Yours Truly. On the 23rd Mr. Malone suffered a heart attack upon completion of our performance at Blue Note Tokyo. Donald Vega and I are completing this tour as a duo … in respect and honor of the memory Mr. Malone … this chair represents his presence.

I will issue a statement in the coming weeks,  when I can find the words, and I hope our musical community at large, and the individuals contacting me for commentary in articles, understand that I need this time.

Ron Carter