my Mosaic order

My most recent order from Mosaic. What's yours?

Order Date: 4/8/2004 12:32:11 AM

205-MD-CD VJ Kelly -Chambers (6 CDs) $96.00 1 $96.00

202-MD-CD VJ Morgan - Shorter (6 CDs) $96.00 1 $96.00

MS-009 Mosaic Select: Bob Brookmeyer (MS-009) $39.00 1 $39.00

MS-010 Mosaic Select: Bud Shank/Bob Cooper (MS-010) $39.00 1 $39.00

Cart Total $270.00

Discount - $0.00

SubTotal $270.00

Tax $0.00

Shipping $14.00

TOTAL $284.00

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest Mosaic order was the Gracham Moncur Select, which I had preordered. Maybe I'll get the Liebman/Beirach Select, but currently I'm under a self-imposed CD buying moratorium.

I still have the Moncur CD1 with the wrong first track (and the corrected one of course). When will this become a $100 collector's item? Only then would I buy the Shorter/Morgan set, which I've been considering for years (don't need all those alternates).

Edited by Claude

MD6-174 Tristano, Konitz and Marsh

MD6-181 The Complete Hank Mobley Blue Note Fifties Sessions

MS-002 Carmell Jones

My moratorium began after I placed this order, almost a month ago*. Now I'm hearing a J.J. Johnson set quietly calling my name, all the way from Stamford. I'm just hoping that one doesn't show up on the running low list any time soon.

*except for "All Music", and some new RVG's. those don't count, right??? :w

I'm waiting for the two Vee-Jay sets to arrive.

I remember reading that you were trying to decide which SINGLE Vee Jay set to purchase. But, I see how it is, you purchased BOTH sets.

Ha! :excited:

Yeah, I'm back to some of my old ways. :blink::lol:

But.... I really am going to slow down :P ..... and I didn't even mention the other sets I ordered with the Vee-Jays (I was just too embarrassed :g )

But.... I really am going to slow down ..... and I didn't even mention the other sets I ordered with the Vee-Jays (I was just too embarrassed )

Now, I (we) want to know what else you purchased. :huh:

I don't believe you should feel a need to be embarrassed on THIS board. B)

Now, I (we) want to know what else you purchased. :huh:

I don't believe you should feel a need to be embarrassed on THIS board. B)

I really shouldn't have done this, but I also ordered:

Gerry Mulligan

Horace Parlan

Joe Pass

I think I've gone nuts, I took two years off and then ordered 9 sets plus 4 selects within a three week period. :w

I haven't ordered anything from Mosaic in about 2 years, maybe closer to 3. There's plenty I'm interested in, but for financial reasons -- I'm afraid I'm only going to be picking up things that go on their "going out-of-print soon" list.

Fortunately I already had the Blue Mitchell, or I might have gotten that a few months ago.

Right now, as far as in-print BN sets go --- I still need the Hank Mobley set, the Byrd/Adams set, and the relatively new Stanley Turrentine set. (I'm probably gonna pass on the Lou Donaldson. And I've already got all the other BN Mosaics that are in-print.)

Plus I needs a bunch of Selects too, of course.

Someday...

Gerry Mulligan

Horace Parlan

Joe Pass

I want to get the Mulligan and the Parlan sometime. Including my recent purchase from this morning, I've ordered 4 Mosaic Completes and two Selects in the last couple of weeks. My recent, yet undelivered order is two Completes and two Selects. I wonder how large the shipping box will be? The most I ever ordered at one time, from Mosaic, till now, has been two Complete boxes. I suppose Mosaic will ship all items in the same package?

Edited by wesbed

Gerry Mulligan

Horace Parlan

Joe Pass

I want to get the Mulligan and the Parlan sometime. Including my recent purchase from this morning, I've ordered 4 Mosaic Completes and two Selects in the last couple of weeks. My recent, yet undelivered, order is two Completes and two Selects. I wonder how large the shipping box will be? The most I ever ordered at one time, from Mosaic, till now, has been two Complete boxes. I suppose Mosaic will ship all items in the same package?

It should come in one box.

I received two regular sets plus four selects in one box. As usual, packed very well.

Now, I (we) want to know what else you purchased.  :huh:

I don't believe you should feel a need to be embarrassed on THIS board.  B)

Gerry Mulligan

Horace Parlan

Joe Pass

I think I've gone nuts, I took two years off and then ordered 9 sets plus 4 selects within a three week period. :w

I know, it takes time to work up some courage ....

I just pulled the trigger on the New Orleans set before it's gone. I can see that frying pan sailing towards my head when this shows up at the door

Unless you simply don't like the New Orleans jazz style, this set is so much better than you might think.

You'll need to be watching for the frying pan when the T/K/M and Liebman sets show at the door too?

I just pulled the trigger on the New Orleans set before it's gone.  I can see that frying pan sailing towards my head when this shows up at the door

Unless you simply don't like the New Orleans jazz style, this set is so much better than you might think.

You'll need to be watching for the frying pan when the T/K/M and Liebman sets show at the door too?

Hey, weren't some posts a while back about some guys hiding in the bushes outside their homes and intercepting the delivery person before the Mosaic sets reached the front door?

No problem for me. I just get them delivered to my workplace, listen to them there first, then quietly bring them home at an opportune moment (such as on an evening my wife isn't going to be home when I arrive). A few more black boxes on the shelves aren't even noticed. And we have an agreement. She doesn't look at my Visa bill, and I don't look at hers. A great arrangement.

Hey, weren't some posts a while back about some guys hiding in the bushes outside their homes and intercepting the delivery person before the Mosaic sets reached the front door?

With much experience in purchasing many jazz titles through the mail, I wonder how jazzbo gets all of his 'finds' past his wife?

Hey Lon, do you have any advice to offer other members of this board? Advice as to how to get the goods from the outside to the inside of your living quarters? Are you one of the bushmen? :mellow:

Edited by wesbed