LF: some sort of Blue Note, jazz, or other interesting ball-cap style brimmed hat(s).

Rooster_Ties

The two ball-caps I have predate when I moved to DC in 2011, and have both seen better days*.

Any decent Blue Note caps available online anywhere?  (Any of the various generic logos are up for consideration, and would be fine).

Or are any other jazz-related caps even worth considering?

At one time I thought about getting a “Kansas City Monarchs” ball cap, but much as I liked the IDEA of one (the KC connection, and a Negro Leagues team to signify my interest in black history and black culture, all the while NOT suggesting am any sort of actual sports fan in particular)… but I’ve never been super enamored with any of the actual historic KC Monarchs branding/designs (much as I wished they had some cool logo, or one that I thought was visually interesting).

So any other interesting ideas or suggestions , generally?

And any hat I liked enough to buy, I’d probably buy TWO of — so I could wear one a lot, eventually wear it out, and still have one to wear for another 5-10 years more.

*My two current and quite well-worn ball-caps are both C-SPAN hats, which I know sounds insane… but my wife and I bought a C-CPAN DVD of the 2008 Presidential Inauguration and a bunch of other related footage/programming) as a memory of our having been there (up front too, close enough to have seen Herbie Hancock from 50 feet away, among a dozen other notables). And in order to get free shipping, I tossed in two C-CPAN ball-caps, so I had a hat to wear outdoors in my sometimes public-facing job where I couldn’t wear anything partisan — in the hopes (back then) that it might generate some interesting conversation with others.  It was DEFINITELY a different time — I do believe I can at least say that, without overstepping board protocols.  And now that I live here in DC, they just make me look like I work(ed) for C-CPAN.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

31 minutes ago, rostasi said:

Man, I couldn't imagine that George Bush would've even known who Herbie Hancock was! (and that would technically be 2005).
Anyway, I've really found that Etsy is a good place for the unusual, specially branded clothing that you might not find elsewhere.

Excuse me, 2008!!!! — technically 2009.

(off to edit my original post)

2 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

I like this one (set to dad hat style in navy):

Blue Note Records baseball cap

That’s NICE!! Yes, the “dad hat” style is much better — and so is that shade of blue!  I think we have a winner.

PS: The logo also seems to be a little smaller on the “dad hat” style too, which I definitely like better too — because looks more like a ‘logo’ and less like a ‘billboard’.

(But I’m still open to other suggestions from other vendors, or any style — no reason not to have multiple designs and styles.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Then, I just got an email about a summer sale from Blue Note directly…

SUNNY SIDE UP

SUMMER SALE

We’re celebrating summer with a special sale on the Blue Note Store! 
Today through July 7.

20% off Music and Merch*
Up to 15% off Art
Free U.S. Shipping over $85*

Plus a FREE Blue Note album cover flag print with every order!