Cool tree, eh????

2186126951268l.jpg

I took this while trying to capture a very rare snowfall here in Austin. As it turns out, the flakes were so big and fell so slowly that the tree looks like it's floating in space.

NOTE: It looks much better when not condensed to 72 dpi but....whatever right.

Edited by Brandon Burke

2186126951268l.jpg

I took this while trying to capture a very rare snowfall here in Austin. As it turns out, the flakes were so big and fell so slowly that the tree looks like it's floating in space.

NOTE: It looks much better when not condensed to 72 dpi but....whatever right.

You know, I thought you were pulling my leg, and that was some photo of outer space, like from Hubble...it's a great photo, but where is the tree????

Okay..... Well, assuming you aren't kidding, the trunk begins at the bottom of the image, just barely left of center. From there, the trunk goes up at about a "one o'clock" angle. The branches spread in all directions from there with the largest branches pointing to about "ten o'clock".

I hope that makes sense.

Okay..... Well, assuming you aren't kidding, the trunk begins at the bottom of the image, just barely left of center. From there, the trunk goes up at about a "one o'clock" angle. The branches spread in all directions from there with the largest branches pointing to about "ten o'clock".

I hope that makes sense.

Perhaps you see better in the dark than I do! ^_^ Or my old computer monitor doesn't have enough brightness..anyone else having trouble seeing the tree? I do see the darkness, if that makes sense...

You call that a tree?

This is a tree. Just a few miles from here.

majoroak.jpg

You can have all sorts of fun with it:

major-18.jpg

Go here and you can take a tour of the hole inside:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/360/where_..._interior.shtml

Needless to say there are plenty of local rumours that Robin Hood and his Merry Dudes used to hide in it (personally I believe they just used it to hang out their tights to dry):

major-12.jpg

Edited by Bev Stapleton