Hiroshi Tanno - Early Records

Brad

In this board, we always talk about Hiroshi's great service and it's true he has great service and his prices are the best. But I think he's outdone himself this time. On Thursday, Hiroshi emailed me that he had sent out an order that he's been putting together for me. I expected to see this around Thursday of this week, although I was hoping for Wednesday. However, I received it today and couldn't believe it. How's that for service. Heck, it takes some packages from New York to get to me in that much time.

Hiroshi's service can't be beaten, in my view.

I've had Hiroshi send things via "Surface" the last two times. Like Brad, they arrived in 'quicker than AIR' time (?). :tup

What methods do others prefer and as well do you pay via Yen or US Dollars thru PayPal? I think it worked out better for me last time when I paid Dollars and let him take the conversion hit. PayPal seems a bit like cashing a travelers cheque at The Ritz.

I did not mean 'hit' so literally. I was just curious as I have paid Yen lately and this time I had a credit so we did it in dollars. When I first ordered a couple years back it was dollars and it seems recently he has asked for the payments in Yen. The difference is something I would like to see. But now you really got me wondering who suffers on the deal and to what extent.

When you pay in yen through Paypal, you are at the mercy of Paypal and whatever rate they are charging that day. When you look online for conversion rates, keep in mind that those rates are for large($250,000) deals in a particular currency.So the rate that you see on any currency converter is not what Paypal will charge you- they'll take that rate and then jack it up a bit. If it is a large purchase that could make a difference in what your final cost is.

When you pay in dollars, your cost is fixed. When you pay in yen your final cost will vary depending on when Paypal processes the transaction and what rate they are charging at that time.

I bought some discs from Hiroshi recently and was able to pay in $US.

Does Hiroshi actually offer shipping options?

I think you've gotta ask..........and if you don't ask for the 'SAL' rate you're wasting money using the regular air mail service. 7-12 days by lower priority air is well worth it in my book.

So who's going to start up the 'Do You Now Have An Order Pending With Hiroshi? poll?? :g

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Looks like Hiroshi gets a good chunk of business from us organissimoites! He's only given me a total in yen, it would be nice to pay in $ but no biggie.

just received

Three Sounds - Feelin Good

On its way:

Jack Wilson - Easterly Winds jrvg

Three Sounds - Moods jrvg

Kenny Dorham - Trompeta Toccata jrvg

Three Sounds - Good Deal tocj

Leo Parker - Let Me Tell You Bout It jrvg

I have to say that every bit of King or Toshiba vinyl I've received from him has been in absolutely A-1 condition. Recommended and service absolutely first rate! :tup

Small package rate (limited to about 4-5 LPs each) usually works out best for shipping of LPs to Europe. Usually they are from Japan to UK within 5 days !

Edited by sidewinder

On its way:

You'll have to let us know what you think of this one... I did an A/B with my TOCJ CD and the JRVG didn't come out too good. Others have said it was fine. I traded in the JRVG.

Absolutely criminal that this session hasn't been reissued here in the states yet. What a great album!

On its way:

You'll have to let us know what you think of this one... I did an A/B with my TOCJ CD and the JRVG didn't come out too good. Others have said it was fine. I traded in the JRVG.

Absolutely criminal that this session hasn't been reissued here in the states yet. What a great album!

I've got a hunch this will be a Conn within the next year or two. No inside info, just a hunch.