• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pretty much the same here. I got into Major League Cricket, which has proven to be a lot more engaging the Rangers baseball - and West Coast Baseball, thanks to MLB TV, which is fun in all kinds of ways,not the least of which has been watching the eerie last days of the Oakland Coliseum.

And yes, the Schapp archives. Dizzying!!!

Jazz Chisholm Jr. is working out quite nicely so far—first player to hit four HRs in his first three games as a Yankee. That obviously won’t be sustained, but he’s a real upgrade over DJ LeMahieu, who looks absolutely cooked. (Plus his name is Jazz! The jazz references have been proliferating on Pinstripe Alley, which seems to have a higher-than-normal ratio of jazz fans to begin with.) And I’m glad we didn’t pursue Flaherty, who apparently has back issues. But we didn’t do much to shore up the bullpen, and that remains a very exploitable point of weakness.

1 hour ago, ghost of miles said:

Jazz Chisholm Jr. is working out quite nicely so far—first player to hit four HRs in his first three games as a Yankee. That obviously won’t be sustained, but he’s a real upgrade over DJ LeMahieu, who looks absolutely cooked. (Plus his name is Jazz! The jazz references have been proliferating on Pinstripe Alley, which seems to have a higher-than-normal ratio of jazz fans to begin with.) And I’m glad we didn’t pursue Flaherty, who apparently has back issues. But we didn’t do much to shore up the bullpen, and that remains a very exploitable point of weakness.

Yep .... it is a game .... on different levels 😎 ....

1 hour ago, ghost of miles said:

Jazz Chisholm Jr. is working out quite nicely so far—first player to hit four HRs in his first three games as a Yankee. That obviously won’t be sustained, but he’s a real upgrade over DJ LeMahieu, who looks absolutely cooked.

Are you concerned about his rumored disruptive personality?

On 7/28/2024 at 7:46 PM, JSngry said:

Wanna trade?

Maybe the Red Sox hang on in Arlington, maybe not but Jesus Christ, Kutter Crawford may finally get a win despite having given up, I believe, something like 12 home runs in his last three starts. How the hell does that happen?

8 hours ago, JSngry said:

Sorry. I've been watching Blake Snell no-hit the Reds. Much more exciting!!!

I am sure it was but Crawford did  put himself in the record books too. Nobody had ever given up 12 homers (which I was guessing about when I posted) in 3 successive starts. 

Four pitchers in history had given up 11 homers over three starts (Aaron Harang, 2004; Jose Lima, 2000; Warren Spahn, 1958 and Lynn Nelson, 1939).

On 8/1/2024 at 1:20 AM, soulpope said:

There's nothing like motivation 😎😂 ....

Haha, yeah—I take full reverse-jinx credit for DJ’s subsequent 6-RBI outburst that won the game for NY. Just a bit of that from time to time would be a huge improvement. I think we’re going to mostly see him playing 1B against LHPs.

On 7/31/2024 at 12:10 PM, JSngry said:

Are you concerned about his rumored disruptive personality?

Not too much—I think Judge sets a good tone for the locker room that tends to discourage that kind of stuff, and it also seems that Jazz C Jr is jazzed, dare I say it, to be a Yankee. So all smiles and several home runs so far, but we’ll see how things go. The Yankee trade acquisition whose personality I *really* hated was Josh Donaldson. It felt toxic, having him on the team.  (Though he did gift us a new concept, the “Josh Donaldson single,” applied whenever a hitter pimps a would-be HR that ends up caroming off the wall. For extra value, add getting thrown out at second trying to belatedly leg the Josh Donaldson single into a double.) 

Edited by ghost of miles

2 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Haha, yeah—I take full reverse-jinx credit for DJ’s subsequent 6-RBI outburst that won the game for NY. Just a bit of that from time to time would be a huge improvement. I think we’re going to mostly see him playing 1B against LHPs.

Agreed ....

8 hours ago, JSngry said:

Padres are proving to be an easy team to like and a fun team to watch.

At this point anyway...

They're good. Machado annoys me for some reason. He had to "rest" last night.

BTW, Brewers hanging tough - 7 1/2 games ahead.

Edited by jlhoots