Yankees and Royals meeting in the playoffs for the first time in 44 years. Oh man, does that ever bring back childhood baseball memories. Those were epic showdowns.

The current Royals looked very, very good to me when the Yankees faced them late this season. I understand their offense may be a little suspect beyond Bobby Witt Jr and Salvador Perez, but so’s NY’s beyond Judge and Soto. Those two guys have off nights and it’s not so hard to shut down this Yankee lineup. Plus NY just lost first Rizzo and then Cortes, both likely for much or all of the postseason. Pinstripe Alley has a write-up on the Royals that will behoove me to study. 

Edited by ghost of miles

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, JSngry said:

I don't mind the Mets, but that Winker guy seems like a dick too far.

I do mind them and he is what we coined in college: a walking penis.

6 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Brewers had 'em & blew it. Oh & BTW Winker is a dick.

Did we get the statcast "how many other parks that was a home run" in?  Cause it seems like the Brewers park is something of a travesty like Houston and Philly. Their two in the 8th weren't cheapies but that struck me as one of those "a home run in two other parks" jobs. 

Winker seems like a guy you love to have on your team but hate him when he’s on the other team. That fourth run was huge. 

On 10/4/2024 at 1:06 AM, soulpope said:

Tough loss for the Brewers ....

But great win for the Metropolitans. I ain’t cryin for the Brew Crew. 

1 hour ago, jlhoots said:

Wake me when it's over. Switching to (American) football.

BTW, Winker was terrible when he was a Brewer. Good for him that he's improved. It's his "antics" that are offensive. 👽

He’s been ok, not spectacular as a Met. He’s a FA next year so I expect he will be moving on. The only two things he did in the series that probably got Brewers fans annoyed was saying something to Adames during game 1 and smashing his helmet on the ground when he scored the 4th run. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

He’s been ok, not spectacular as a Met. He’s a FA next year so I expect he will be moving on. The only two things he did in the series that probably got Brewers fans annoyed was saying something to Adames during game 1 and smashing his helmet on the ground when he scored the 4th run. 

Jomboy (sp?) has highlighted at least one other instance of his psycho behavior.