• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the Braves need to sweep the Mets then take two of three against the Royals to at least tie the Mets for the final wild card spot, which they would earn because of head to head competition. The odds are against them due to their inconsistent pitching, but who knows?

14 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

It looks like the Braves need to sweep the Mets then take two of three against the Royals to at least tie the Mets for the final wild card spot, which they would earn because of head to head competition. The odds are against them due to their inconsistent pitching, but who knows?

You also have the Diamondbacks in front of you, you could catch them instead for the final spot.

Mets at Milwaukee won't be easy for them, and KC is in a major swoon that they are running out of time to reverse. The Braves aren't in the spot they'd want to be but I don't think their odds are that bad.

Detroit’s finishing up with a homestand against the middling Rays and the gawdawful White Sox… I like their chances for staying in the postseason WC lane.

15 hours ago, JSngry said:

Yeah, fuck that guy.

Co-sign. 
And still miss the early/mid 1970s A’s, which was right around the time that I began to follow baseball. I need to look for a good book about that team and era. 1973 A’s-Mets was the first World Series I remember watching, and it was a good ‘un.

1 hour ago, jlhoots said:

90th win for the Brewers.

Both Milwaukee and Cleveland have had very quiet, but damn good, seasons.

See ya' Amy!

OMG!!! Padres clinch WC slot on a triple play!

They better get that closer back on track though... 

TRIPLE PLAY!!!