George Wallington Quintet, The New York Scene

George Wallington Trio, Knight Music

Walter Bishop Jr., Milestones

Edited by T.D.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I've bought anything since before X-mas. Went a little loco at the Tower sale and must have picked up close to 80 discs over a 2-3 week period. Needless to say, I've barely scratched the surface listening to them. I'm also broke... :w

Bought the new John Mellencamp at Best Buy on the way home from work. $9.99, includes a free exclusive Best Buy bonus CD with four alternate takes, and I had a gift card I could use. I love the song on the truck commercial, and AMG gave the CD an awesome review. He's been a favorite since 'Scarecrow', a Desert Island Disc (rock/pop category) for me.

Edited by felser

Roscoe Mitchell: Sound

Glad you went for it...

Today: Amoeba splurge (tide me over for a bit):

Dudu Pukwana: Cosmics Chapter 90

Ronnie Boykins (ESP)

Ted Curson: Tears for Dolphy

Willem Breuker Kollektief: Pakkapapen

Rashied Ali Quartet + Quintet: Moon Flight

(Ahmed) Abdullah: Life's Force

Muhal Richard Abrams: Live at Montreux 1978

Michael Mantler: No Answer

Ok, I went completely overboard and picked up something called the Schoenberg Ensemble Edition -- 23 CDs and 4 DVDs of contemporary classical music by the Schoenberg Ensemble. Don't think there is a real source in the States yet. This was the cheapest source for me (still in the UK): MDT website

It will probably be something I listen to all the way through once, then will listen to selected CDs more frequently. I do hope I don't see it cheap a couple of years down the line though.

Ok, I went completely overboard and picked up something called the Schoenberg Ensemble Edition -- 23 CDs and 4 DVDs of contemporary classical music by the Schoenberg Ensemble. Don't think there is a real source in the States yet. This was the cheapest source for me (still in the UK): MDT website

It will probably be something I listen to all the way through once, then will listen to selected CDs more frequently. I do hope I don't see it cheap a couple of years down the line though.

All things considered, that's not a bad price.