• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

I'd never seen these pictures.

I'm always fascinated by Frankie Dante. He did not look well. 

His songs were often socially and politically conscious resulting his music was blacklisted - "Me Quieren Crucificar" aka "The Want To Crucify Me" -  which led subsequently to a waning popularity. He was suffering from that before physical illness took over .... he is rarely mentioned with the big name soneros of the 70`s .... what a shame ....

23 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

Love this track. 

The story/career of Mark Markolino Dimond shares some similarities to Frankie Dante like lack of recognition from the public .... in Dimond`s case a main game breaker was the lame marketing of his superb "Buijeria" album, which made him subsequently susceptible to drugs .... to make things worse, in 1977 -  due to the increased popularity of Angel CanalesAlegre Records blatantly reissued Brujeria under the title Angel Canales, Mas Sabor .... subsequently Dimond dropped out of business for nearly a decade .... and never came back, as he died at the age of 36 years ....

Edited by soulpope