Jazz T Shirts, or lack thereof

17 hours ago, JSngry said:

Flip Phillips?

LOL! No, it was nobody but his idol, Bill Evans, of course. Probably had no place to live for a while. My friend was witness to the legendary 'one hand" performances at the VV, when one of his hands was completely unusable, and just hung there like a dead piece of meat on the keyboard, ready to be pressed down to play one pedal note by his good hand. My friend said he still sounded great.

Usually I don´t wear jazz T-Shirts, I can dress nice for goin on stage very well with not wearing a jazz-shirt , but I have one that I wear sometimes, but not when I play. 

It is a Sun Ra T-Shirt in black (I mostly wear black) and has that kind of design that fit´s to those black trousers I like, them with a lot of bags on the legs , I usually buy my stuff at those hip stores like "Vagabond" or how you call  ´em , and Serena also found some cool black stuff there that looks sexy.... 

So I like this Sun Ra T-Shirt for the kind of atmosphere it sends.....and I like black shades, so this with black trousers and boots really looks sharp

Very nice photo @Chuck Nessa! I've got that shirt, too...

And a few more bought via Bandcamp (two different Strata Records, Analogue Africa, Pi, Out of Your Head Records, Kassa Overall, Alan Braufman – usually you have to act fast if S or M sizes won't do for you). With the increasing temperatures in summer and the lack of a/c at the place I work, these have become my usual attire at work.

Bought back some nice Tees (Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young, Coltrane) from the Jazz Music Centre in NYC on our trip to the states in 2016

Peter Brotzmann commented on my Hawkins Tee when I met him after his concert here in Brisbane a few years back

Most worn t-shirts are my Ayler & Sun Ra's & most recent is the Vilnius Jazz Festival Tee brought back from Lithuania by my sister last year

Queensland is t-shirt weather all year around

Edited by romualdo

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2024 at 4:28 AM, romualdo said:

Bought back some nice Tees (Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young, Coltrane) from the Jazz Music Centre in NYC on our trip to the states in 2016

Peter Brotzmann commented on my Hawkins Tee when I met him after his concert here in Brisbane a few years back

I've got a Brotzmann t shirt that I love. It is the cover of Nipples where they look like art school students in a hardcore punk band.