Horace Tapscott & Pan Afrikan People Arkestra - Live at IUCC 11/2678 2CD

jcam_44

Looks like it's all happening - just got this email from Nimbus West - the whole subscription set will be on its way soon

https://www.nimbuswestrecords.com/shop-5

The final 3 releases are now on the site with a number of new LPs (Nate Morgan, Sabir Mateen & Aubrey Hart) plus an unreleased Tapscott solo album (download only) from '82 (Mothership) - got me thinking of Parliament & Larry Young

Nimbus West Records Quality Albums Since 1978

Hello,

We’re currently preparing the final discs of the IUCC series and soon your subscription will be ready to ship.

The shipping cost for your region is :

$35 Standard Or
$50 Expedited

Please send payment via PayPal to matt@nimbuswestrecords.com at your earliest convenience.. tracking number will update via email after shipment is sent

We will declare low value ($15) for customs.Will be packaged extra-secure for safe delivery.

Bright moments, Nimbus West

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the PayPal notice as well. Great news. Very much looking forward to these cds. The new Sabir Mateen also sparks my interest. Did I understand well that the Nate Morgan is a solo record? 

On 7/2/2024 at 10:24 AM, Jim Duckworth said:

Love Sabir Mateen-only wondering if those of us for whom vinyl is not the medium of choice will get other options...

I love Nate Morgan, same format concerns.  Not buying vinyl...

• 2 weeks later...

How am I a subscriber and yet I never get these emails? I also seem ti get the sets after you all. Oh well, at least I do indeed get the subscription I paid for eventually. 

Also I wish they would stop it with releasing every album in a different different format weirdness, I would much rather have a CD or legitimate download of the Century City Playhouse album, for example, than a super expensive record set that I don't have room for. 

1 hour ago, Hoppy T. Frog said:

How am I a subscriber and yet I never get these emails? I also seem ti get the sets after you all. Oh well, at least I do indeed get the subscription I paid for eventually. 

Also I wish they would stop it with releasing every album in a different different format weirdness, I would much rather have a CD or legitimate download of the Century City Playhouse album, for example, than a super expensive record set that I don't have room for. 

You could just send Matt an email. And about the format: each has his preference right? I loved the 3lp set. Not sure Nimbus is big enough a company to release everything on two different formats. 

On 7/13/2024 at 4:17 AM, Pim said:

You could just send Matt an email. And about the format: each has his preference right? I loved the 3lp set. Not sure Nimbus is big enough a company to release everything on two different formats. 

I have received downloads from a few LP only labels where download wasn't an option but they were happy to send me the digital files but admittedly I had originally purchased the LP versions - I contacted the label directly & they were obliging

Nimbus West has just added a second Tapscott/PAPA download (only)

https://www.nimbuswestrecords.com/shop-5/p/pan-afrikan-peoples-arkestra-the-lost-reel

Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra - Live at Century City Playhouse “THE LOST REEL”
Recorded September 9th, 1979.

Century City Playhouse “The Lost Reel ” was discovered while going thru reels for the IUCC series, two tracks spliced onto a single reel and left unlabelled.. If you’ve heard the 3LP set that documents the “full concert” then you know that this was a special evening, one of the most powerful and well-recorded live shows in the entire history of the Arkestra!
“Crepuscule with Nellie” and “Nation Rising” are equal to anything on the 3LP set, from delicate to raging these 21 minutes act as a sort of seventh side to the legendary 3LP set. Essential!

PAN AFRIKAN PEOPLES ARKESTRA

“THE LOST REEL”

1.) Crepuscule with Nellie (5:16)
2.) Nation Rising (16:39)

recorded by Bruce Bidlack
produced by Tom Albach

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, romualdo said:

the final three in the series have not been released yet - website lists these as "coming soon", so once they're available I'd say they'll be shipped out to us

Thanks! As there does not seem to be a logical chronological order I’ve lost track of what had been released and what’s still left.