Weird News Tonight (or Today!!!!!)

JSngry

22 minutes ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Considering that there is not a lot of it exported, we will likely never know. In my area, we only see Tsingtao beer on the shelves, which may be because Anheuser-Busch owned as much as 27% of the company until 2009. I actually like the stuff, even though that leaked video of someone urinating into one of their vats kinda soured me on it a bit. That story might've made for a "Weird news tonight" post on its own. :)

🤯😎 ....

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/27/2024 at 11:17 PM, GA Russell said:

In 2004, Walmart studied its data to determine what people buy to prepare for a hurricane.

https://www.rd.com/article/item-walmart-stocks-up-on-before-storms/

712zxRe4sIL._SL1500_.jpg

Wish I had seen this before Debbie came by (she's still here).

My wife and I started laying in Pop Tarts as a pre-tropical storm ritual a long time ago.

However I have dropped 25 pounds since June 1st and wasn't going to give any of that back.  Nevertheless I have to say I lingered at the Pop Tart display on the Walmart end cap when I was shopping on Saturday.

Edited by Dan Gould

I like that he was going to eat the bear but then he got so distracted by stuff that I guess he forgot to do that and by then it was no good to eat.

You can't do that with fish unless you drink or something.

Roadkill!!!!!

I have a different take on the bear thing.  The cub was killed by a car.  So now its mother is probably looking around for it and some asshole removes the corpse from the area.  OK he says he wants to eat it and then screws up by leaving the corpse in a car for hours while he goes falconing or some damn thing.  And eventually he arranges some kind of jokey tableau with the corpse and a bicycle.  A cub was (in my view) tragically killed and the dude accorded it no dignity, viewed it as a plaything and gave no thought to the cub's mother.

My mother-in-law used to tell the story about my father-in-law (back in the days when he drank) and "the men" planning on roasting a pig overnight, but they all got drunk and passed out, so that when "the women" came out to see about them the next day, the fire had long gone out and the pig had "gone sour".

One needs to maintain focus when dealing with raw meat, be it bear or be it pig.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, no link.

Total Annual Beer Drinking Per Capita by Country 2023:

1. Czech Republic 140 L
2. Austria  107.8 L
3. Romania  100.3 L
4. Germany  99 L
5. Poland  97.7 L
6. Namibia  95.5 L
7. Ireland  92.9 L
8. Spain  88.8 L
9. Croatia  85.5 L
10. Latvia 81.4 L
11. Estonia  80.5 L
12. Slovenia  80 L
13. Netherlands  79.3 L
14. Bulgaria  78.7 L
15. Panama  78.3 L
16. Slovakia  76.1 L
17. Australia  75.1 L
18. Lithuania  74.4 L
19. Hungary  73.7 L
20. United States of America  72.7 L
21. Finland  72 L
22. Mexico  70.5 L
23. United Kingdom  70.3 L
24. Bosnia and Herzegovina  68.6 L
25. Gabon  67 L

• 2 weeks later...

Mercedes has been awful for years. They got big-headed and started cost-cutting which dovetailed into reliabilty issues, high maintenance costs, too much invested in high tech... Also, they've got a lot of competition from other "luxury" brands that they didn't have before.
I still love my 23 year old Prius. Just an amazing car. 66.7 MPG.
Put new speakers in yesterday.

Edited by rostasi

25 minutes ago, rostasi said:

I still love my 23 year old Prius. Just an amazing car. 66.7 MPG.
Put new speakers in yesterday.

Just looked up the fuel-mileage for a 2001 Prius (pre-hatchback, right?), and the mpg ratings for it were 52 city / 45 highway.  How are you getting 66.7?? — when we didn’t even get quite that good on our 2006 Prius (which got about 60/52 iirc).

Actually, it's the '02 model (made in '01), but first gen anyway.
Our '01 model got hit by a wild driver with no license and
no insurance a few years ago.
I drive properly - not as extreme as this guy - but I'm aware.
Also, I don't use ethanol-laced fuel.

Edited by rostasi