It's Friday!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Free for All and I are playing in the pit orchestra for "The Producers" for two weeks.

A rare occurance where our musical worlds intersect. ("Honey, you're playing sharp!" "No...I'm....NOT.....sweetheart!!!!") :huh:

This is a very funny show- much great Mel Brooks non-PC humor. It's the touring version, no big stars, but the cast is really good. And I'm only hearing them, since I can't see from the pit.

Not a jazz gig, but cha-CHING! :g

BTW, Happy weekend everyone!

Edited by Free For All

• 1 month later...

Just got home from Happy Hour at Rick's Boatyard. We were sitting on the deck, enjoying the sunset and watching the boats. All of a sudden I heard the strains of an organ trio through the outdoor speakers. My ears perked up and my heart beat a little faster. But upon closer listening I realized that it was just organ trio wannabes and just not the same. If Organissimo were here they could show them how it should be done. ;)

What?? Organ trio wannabes in the hometown of Wes? For shame!

Organissimo has a gig on Saturday afternoon (a cancer benefit) and a rehearsal on Sunday. Other than that, I'll do whatever comes to mind. Like that nice long walk in the woods I took after work today. :)

What?? Organ trio wannabes in the hometown of Wes? For shame!

Yeah, and the guitar player was a Wes Montgomery wannabe. He was the Kenny G of guitar players.

Where' s a quality organ trio with a great guitar player when you need them? ^_^

It's Friday again. There aren't enough Fridays in the week.

I have Friday, today, off from work. I slept till 10:00AM, brewed some fresh coffee, and enjoyed a long shower. I'm going to my parent's house for a home-cooked brunch (yes, my Mom knows how to cook).

I have no plans but a day like this is a good start to the weekend, whatever the weekend might bring.

Getting ready for two old college friends, who now live in Hong Kong, to visit.

Can't do any work--my firm's building's electricity is shut off, and, consequently, the network is..."damn"...unavailable!

Dinner tonight with my wife when she wakes up (she's been working nights in the ER), and hopefully some good ol' drinkin' and music listenin' with friends in town...it's been a looooooong week!

:rlol

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally got a REAL WEEKEND off and this thread is nowhere in sight! WTF???

Anyway, we're heading to the beach tomorrow to freeze our butts off, no doubt. Be nice to get out of town for a while. We're going to try to find some place that isn't too crowded, avoiding Santa Cruz and Monterey. Wish us luck...

Sunday will be back to cleaning the garage probably. Plus I have got to straighten out the "spare bedroom", commonly referred to as the Moose Pen... :wacko:

Well, I'm off to Denton tomorrow to do the third of four jazz camps- my summer employment. This is my first time at North Texas- it will be interesting to see the level of students compared to the other camps I do. I'm sure there will be young players lobbying for future con$ideration. :)

I'm looking forward to the faculty jams, there are certainly should be an excellent rhythm section to be enjoyed/abused. It'll be fun to see my friend Lynn Seaton (bass).

Anyway, it's always fun to catch up here after being absent for awhile. Lotsa posts to read. I'm fixina* be offline for the next week, so see all y'all later.

*official Texas word (spelling debatable)

I've finally got a REAL WEEKEND off and this thread is nowhere in sight! WTF???

Anyway, we're heading to the beach tomorrow to freeze our butts off, no doubt. Be nice to get out of town for a while. We're going to try to find some place that isn't too crowded, avoiding Santa Cruz and Monterey. Wish us luck...

Sunday will be back to cleaning the garage probably. Plus I have got to straighten out the "spare bedroom", commonly referred to as the Moose Pen... :wacko:

Hope you enjoyed the road trip, 'Moose. Nice area. I miss it, though perhaps not the current denizens of Pacific Ave in SCZ.

As for me...weekend? What's that? Friday (day off in Muslim lands) would have been my non-work day, but I spent it flying to my next job. C'est la.

We did alright. Ended up at a state park that wasn't crowded at all; we had enough "space" not to have to hear other coversations and such. Unfortunately, the fog was NOT in as the weather reports promised, and I was stupid enough to not bring sunscreen or a hat. I'm in pain... :(

• 4 weeks later...