Venus (Japan) Records

Does anyone know where I can purchase Bill Charlap's Venus CDs for less than $30-40/per disc as advertised on amazon.com?

Does Mr. Charlap sell his Venus recordings at shows and concerts or over an internet site?

Why are Venus recordings not made available to American jazz fans at a reasonable price?

Early Records sells his Venus discs for 2500 Yen (around $23.40). Shipping is quite reasonable, I hear.

As to the question why these recordings are so expensive in the the U.S., what Japanese imports do you know that are reasonably priced here? The least expensive I've seen are the JRVGs Dusty Groove sells for $27. Of course, these discs aren't cheap in Japan either.

Edited by jazzshrink

Unless direct import from Japan is not an option for you, I'm pretty sure Hiroshi Tanno will be able to get them for you at a reasonable price: hiroshi@earlyrecords.com. His shipping rates are not nearly as high as the rates other Japanese stores are charging and his service is great. He takes PayPal.

Edit: hadn't seen Jazzshrink's post above when I posted this. Sorry!

Edited by J.A.W.