I started a new job this week. Been planning the switch for quite some time now.

I now work in the securities department of a large bank and will be responsible for four branches in Michigan (two in Dearborn, one in Ypsilanti, and an in-store branch in Ann Arbor.)

It will mean significantly more money for me, but it will take a couple months to get established before that happens. In the meantime, I will be working longer hours than before and will be spending a lot less time on this board. :( I can still participate but it will have to be on weekends. I miss all you guys already!

I'm ambivalent about it all, but again, the money will be good.

Paul —

I'll miss the trades, but this new job will at least give you some time to listen to the music that you have before you are convinced into buying/trading more.

All the best with the new gig. BTW, that's alot of travel time for you now, is it not?

P.S. That Thad Jones disc is great! I'm surprised you pulled the trigger on that badboy.

Congrats!

Can I have the spare money you find on the floor?

Might as well; I won't have the energy to pick it up. :lol:

Long hours ahead. <_<

Once my...er...stamina kicks in, I can perhaps post during the week when I get back from work.

At least I won't have to worry about Winter for the next 8 months. Man...those Michigan drivers... ;)

Congratulations Paul! I started a new job in December. I hated my job for most of last year, so this was a very welcome change. And to be honest, I have just about doubled my monthly income! I'm very happy. The money definitely helps, but the company, the people, the responsibilities are all what makes the day to day so much better.

I hope your change is as positive as mine has been for me.

I travel 130 miles a day.

Lots of time to listen to cds in the car. :D

Congratulations. Are you commuting between Ann Arbor-Detroit-Toledo? If so then I hope you have LOTS of patience; I-94 around Ann Arbor is about to start it's annual rage-inducing rebuilding make-work-project until Memorial Day. I feel truly sorry for those who must commute along the Interstates in southeastern Michigan! like you said, more time for listening to music!! Hey, maybe it will be easier for you to stick around on Fridays to check out the scene at the Firefly or the Bird!!

Those Michigan drivers!!!

Your words speak my own opinion, almost exactly. Sometimes I enjoy being apathetic. You know? My job is just something I do to be able to enjoy my non-work time.

I work to live. I don't live to work.

Congrats on finding something better to do with your work hours. But, keep enjoying your non-work hours just the same. The non-work hours have always been what's more important to me.

At the same time, it's a bittersweet situation. You have to spend so much of your time at work, why not find a way to enjoy it, and maximize your income, as much as possible.

Paul, congrats! More money is almost always good, unless you have to kill someone! ^_^ Don't let the other fellows get you down with the commute...I used to drive 96 miles a day a few years back....lots o' time to listen to music! And to best your previous best time to and fro...Kidding, kidding, that was me, don't be like me! :ph34r:

Your words speak my own opinion, almost exactly. Sometimes I enjoy being apathetic. You know? My job is just something I do to be able to enjoy my non-work time.

I work to live. I don't live to work.

Congrats on finding something better to do with your work hours. But, keep enjoying your non-work hours just the same. The non-work hours have always been what's more important to me.

At the same time, it's a bittersweet situation. You have to spend so much of your time at work, why not find a way to enjoy it, and maximize your income, as much as possible.

Exactly, but it can be difficult to enjoy your non-work hours when you truly hate your work hours. It just brought me down all the time. Change is good Paul. I hope it makes a difference for you.