IT"S HOT, DAMN HOT!!

It's the middle of March and in Phoenix it is already in the 90+ degree mark.

On Saturday we are expecting a high of 96! This means a couple of things.

1. We (I include soulstation1, and wesbed) are in for one long ass miserable summer. My guess would be starting now until the end of October.

2. I'll be drinking more beer, starting this evening.

I will be selecting from the following.....

Carlsberg

Peroni

Paulaner Original

Beck's Light

Sam Adams Light

Or should I hit the store on the way home?

How is the weather in you neck of the woods, and what do you drink to make it all better?

It's been dreadful in the UK. After a few years when spring sprung in mid-February we've only just had a glimmer this week.

I spent yesterday marching 14-15 year olds round a pile of old stones...sorry one of our cultural treasures...in drizzle and cold!

Give me Phoenix.

PS - I've just finished off a bottle of Fuller's ESB and a bottle of Young's Special London Ale. Very nice and mellow Friday night.

Bet you don't get them in Phoenix.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

It's been blazing here in the SF Bay Area for the last couple of weeks. Of course, at this time of year, for us "blazing" means around 80 degrees. So we're loving it! I don't even want to think about what this means for summer, though. If we get up there in the 110 range again like the summer before last, I'll be dying. No air conditioning, running from cat to cat trying to keep them damp and cool...not a lot of fun!

But more to the point: beer. I can't drink alcohol with the medication I'm taking now, so beer is on the forbidden list. Has anyone found any decent nonalcoholic beer out there? I tried O'Douls or whatever last summer and was so traumatized by the experience that I'm not up to experimenting any more... :ph34r:

Oh, I hear ya Catesta...just terrible here...sunny, clear blue skies, mid seventies, my windows still open...I feel your pain! ;)

Get a '68 Caddy convertible to have the top down on cool days like you are having now, just make sure it has air! :blink:

8a_3.JPG

Why am I always pushing another Caddy on you???

It's only $13,000 right now! ^_^

I spent most of this week in Munich, and the weather was great (sun, almost 20 °C). Some Biergärten were already opening. I drank 2-3 liters of "Helles" (I can't stand the acid taste of Weissbier) per day, which is usually my weekly beer consumption at home. And it was a professional trip ... toast.gif

But I'm concerned about the increasingly extreme weather fluctuations in Europe. Only two weeks earlier, it was snowing in Munich.

It's been blazing here in the SF Bay Area for the last couple of weeks. Of course, at this time of year, for us "blazing" means around 80 degrees. So we're loving it!

Hey! Speak for yourself. I live here because it so RARELY gets hot. I like the cool weather.

... and the fog is GREAT. Bring it ON! :tup^_^

Chris Olivarez,

Howdy Chris! It got to the mid-80's in Denver yesterday. Supposed to be warm all weekend too. I was gonna go ski today, but it's just gonna be crap! Ice in the morning; mashed potatoes in the afternoon. No thanks! I've gotta ton of stuff to do around the house and office.

Shit, I'm getting old... :ph34r: