What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, BFrank said:

Primary

Now listening to this. It's aged very well. Such a "clever" album with all its influences and parts working towards such a satisfying whole. It sounded both of and out of its time on release and to some extent still does 

Thanks for encouraging me to reinvestigate after 20+ years 

On 8/29/2024 at 5:45 AM, mjazzg said:

Now listening to this. It's aged very well. Such a "clever" album with all its influences and parts working towards such a satisfying whole. It sounded both of and out of its time on release and to some extent still does 

Thanks for encouraging me to reinvestigate after 20+ years 

Sylvian has such a unique voice, too. I don't love everything he does, but you always know it's him.

2 hours ago, BFrank said:

Sylvian has such a unique voice, too. I don't love everything he does, but you always know it's him.

Me too. There's a handful of his albums I really like, the rest less so by quite a bit. I really respect how he's ploughed his own furrow so determinedly 

56 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Screenshot-2024-05-14-191339.jpg

Being young in the 70`s granted a wealth of superb music .... took it for granted back then and only later I realised the ingenious of Earth, Wind & Fire ....

That's a special album for me. I listened to it a lot in the summer of 1977 along with Grover Washington and War. It was the very start of a journey away from Metal through Jazz-Funk, Britfunk to this comment today.

EWF, essential