What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

メディカル – Vicodin Hydrocodone

R-20899690-1636385452-8548.jpg

This sort of stuff really is not my music. Electronic and instrumental soundscapes with field recordings and a depressed vibe. Probably fun to posture to on the internet but just really dreary background music to my ears.

Gal e Caetano Velloso – Domingo

R-2264756-1464213840-8402.jpg

Edited by Rabshakeh

Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death

Spectrum_Of_Death.jpg

On 6/16/2024 at 2:47 PM, soulpope said:

Unbenannt.png

The rainy weather is still lingering on, so some ☀️☀️☀️ is requiered ....

I saw them live on a latter day tour a few years back. Not sure how many of the original groups were there, but one of the best gigs I have ever attended. 

On 3/10/2019 at 1:57 AM, Steve Reynolds said:

Gong: Angel’s Egg

Nice!

For years I was put off Gong because their most famous record Camembert Electric is too "zany" for my tastes, and in the days before the Internet that was the only chance you got. But this and others of the next tier are fantastic records. 

On 6/15/2024 at 5:16 PM, Rabshakeh said:

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band – Trout Mask Replica

IMG_0377.jpeg.c64d78ac09ab37e6d21dbbd3a42f3cca.jpeg

Haven’t listened to this one in over a decade.

The day after you played this was the 55th anniversary of its release: June 16.

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

For years I was put off Gong because their most famous record Camembert Electric is too "zany" for my tastes, and in the days before the Internet that was the only chance you got. But this and others of the next tier are fantastic records. 

Are you familiar with the 70s/80s American sit-com, "The Jeffersons"?

2 hours ago, Rabshakeh said:

I saw them live on a latter day tour a few years back. Not sure how many of the original groups were there, but one of the best gigs I have ever attended.

🥳T.P. Orchestre Poly-Rythmo🥳 ....

12 hours ago, BFrank said:

I think most or all of those songs are also in the Passion Play long box

Yeah, they are.  This is the only vinyl version of it though (I think).   

I don't have the Passion Play box, it goes for stupid money these days ($300 on discogs right now, same on Amazon).  And outside of the Chateau tracks, there's nothing else on the box other than the album itself, at least on CD.  

Edited by Aggie87

12 hours ago, Aggie87 said:

Yeah, they are.  This is the only vinyl version of it though (I think).   

I don't have the Passion Play box, it goes for stupid money these days ($300 on discogs right now, same on Amazon).  And outside of the Chateau tracks, there's nothing else on the box other than the album itself, at least on CD.  

Ohhhhhhhhh, vinyl. Cool.

The prices of those Tull boxes are all over the place and I can't figure out why. Passion Play was never considered one of their better albums, if I remember correctly. Thick as a Brick is expensive, too ... and there aren't any extra tracks! Maybe the prices have something to do with the documentation, which is always exceptional!

14 hours ago, JSngry said:

What is that?

From Amazon:

(Jethro Tull) Bursting Out, the live double album from 1978 is now available as the 3CD/3DVD 'Inflated Edition'. Remixed by Steven Wilson, it has been reordered back to its original running order with three additional tracks plus a Wilson mixed Madison Square Garden show from '78 on CD3. DVDs 1&2 have the remixed tracks in 96/24 stereo and 5.1 surround sound plus flat transfers of the original album at 96/24 stereo. DVD 3 has the full 93 minute MSG show including 50+ minutes of video which was part of a transatlantic broadcast with the BBC and Radio 1 with the audio being in 48/24 stereo and 5.1 surround. This Inflated Edition includes a 96 page booklet with photos, an interview with Ian Anderson, about the making of Bursting Out, tour info and excerpts from crew members Kenny Wylie and David Morris.