What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tuesday was a happy day.

In September of 2017, I collected all of my summer music (surf guitar, surfing and bossa nova) and put it away.  The following May I couldn't find it.  I knew that, like The Purloined Letter, it was hiding in plain sight, but I couldn't find it.

Tuesday I found it.  Hooray!  Or as they say on the beach, Bitchin'!

So I put my favorite on first.  Cowabunga!

715-WIv-vrL._SL1280_.jpg

15 minutes ago, Aggie87 said:

Alejandro Escovedo - Echo Dancing

a3240128336_65

Just saw him in person a few days ago on the Santa Fe plaza. An all time favorite - BUT I have doubts about the "synthesized" voice used on some tracks on this CD & in live performance.

4 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Just saw him in person a few days ago on the Santa Fe plaza. An all time favorite - BUT I have doubts about the "synthesized" voice used on some tracks on this CD & in live performance.

I saw him last night in a smallish club. Knocked me out. He had 2 mics-- a regular one and one that gave that "synthesized" voice.  He would use one or the other for each song. i.e. he didn't switch from one to the other during any one song.

1 hour ago, medjuck said:

I saw him last night in a smallish club. Knocked me out. He had 2 mics-- a regular one and one that gave that "synthesized" voice.  He would use one or the other for each song. i.e. he didn't switch from one to the other during any one song.

Yeah, I saw him here in Phoenix on Tuesday as well.  It was a fantastic show IMO.

One review I read said the 2nd mic was a condenser microphone, another described it as a vintage mic "slathered in distortion".  It definitely gave his voice a different sound, which I thought suited those tracks well.

Here's a great live in studio recording that shows the use of each microphone.

40 minutes ago, Aggie87 said:

Yeah, I saw him here in Phoenix on Tuesday as well.  It was a fantastic show IMO.

One review I read said the 2nd mic was a condenser microphone, another described it as a vintage mic "slathered in distortion".  It definitely gave his voice a different sound, which I thought suited those tracks well.

Here's a great live in studio recording that shows the use of each microphone.

It's great that he's still at it in his 70's after all of the health problems he's overcome. I'll keep listening.