What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, felser said:

Joni Mitchell - The Asylum Albums 1976-1980.  And this is where I get off the train, her Geffen and later work don't do it for me.  I'm also not a fan of the 'Mingus' album, though I like all the others in this set quite a bit.

JONI-MITCHELL-THE-ASYLUM-ALBUMS-1976-1980-5-802361203.webp.2737813e943a56656de8fab2dca72371.webp

I thought Don Juan's Reckless Daughter showed her out of control, probably due to drugs and alcohol.  I wonder if that's why she disappeared from the scene for a few years.  Still, Hejira is a true highlight of her career.

3 hours ago, mjzee said:

I thought Don Juan's Reckless Daughter showed her out of control, probably due to drugs and alcohol.  I wonder if that's why she disappeared from the scene for a few years.  Still, Hejira is a true highlight of her career.

I love Hejira.  Don Juan's is a train wreck in places, but a fascinating one to me.  I'll take it over those crystalline Geffen albums anytime.

3 hours ago, Aggie87 said:

I just caved and ordered this from Amazon, $49.  

Despite having much of the Bern set on the Heavy Horses box, my FOMO just kicked in.  

It's really good.