IT's A BOY!

Thanks everyone!

Actually, this is our second. We have a 20-month-old who was 11 lbs, 6 ozs.!

Rest assured, both babies were delivered by cesarian section.

Benjamin was delivered 4 weeks early because mom had pregnancy induced hypertension, or in other words, high blood pressure. Her doctor, named McGriff by the way :D, thought it would be best to go ahead and deliver. She was right. Everyone is fine! I can't imagine how big Ben would have been had he been full term :wacko: .

Sincere thanks to all!

Congrats! If this is your first, I'll give ya a little tip -- make sure that when you leave the hospital you get a nurse to snag 4 or 5 of those small milk/formula bottles that they use in there and send them home with you. The things hold about 3 or 4 oz. and are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter -- easy for small hands to get a grip on. Unless things have changed over the past 5 years, most places will sell only the heftier 8 oz and 10 oz ones. You'll want those small ones and will use them for quite some time.

I'm with Weizen on this one - once you see the hospital's/Dr's/anesthesiologist's/etc. bills, you'll really think you DESERVE a token of their appreciation!

By the way, my daughter was born here in Texas, and my son was born in Germany. The cost of having my son was literally HALF (about $10K versus about $5K) of what it was here in the U.S., and Germany isn't exactly a third world country. Something's out of whack with medical costs these days!!

Enough of that - CONGRATULATIONS, Pop!!

When we had our twins - both of whom, I might add, together weighed less than Ben - the nurses tried to give us as much free hospital swag as they possibly could. The "rule" at the hospital was that you could only take from the room what would fit in a diaper bag, but we ended up with enough formula and supplies to last us nearly a month.