Post a pic

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/15/2024 at 5:50 AM, soulpope said:

Wien as of today September15th  2024 .... seeing is believing ....

I just got from a week long cruise along the Danube River. I was in Vienna on the 12th & 13th and the rain was torrential, with the howling winds blowing it horizontal. I nearly got blown into a street by the wind during one severe gust. The Viking river boat I was on got to Budapest on the 14th and it's looking like they might be stuck there for a while as the Danube river's locks are all closed for the foreseeable future. Even though our cruise was very rainy, we were very lucky we got to travel the river from Regensburg, Germany to Budapest before these floodwaters shut it down.

20 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I just got from a week long cruise along the Danube River. I was in Vienna on the 12th & 13th and the rain was torrential, with the howling winds blowing it horizontal. I nearly got blown into a street by the wind during one severe gust. The Viking river boat I was on got to Budapest on the 14th and it's looking like they might be stuck there for a while as the Danube river's locks are all closed for the foreseeable future. Even though our cruise was very rainy, we were very lucky we got to travel the river from Regensburg, Germany to Budapest before these floodwaters shut it down.

The Vienna River seen here with floodwaters is very dangerous. Usually small like a brook, it can swell up after a long rain period. 

I live very near , just 15 minutes to go to that place, but it´s not dangerous because it´s more up the hill. 

Before the Vienna River enters the City, it´s a naturally flowing small river where I sometimes go flyfishing for browntrout and rainbow trout, I have the angling paper for that river, so it´s legal.....