Post a pic

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ray Charles learned to play chess while in rehab for his heroin addiction.
He played on a specially designed board with raised and lowered squares,
allowing him to differentiate between the light and dark.
The pieces had round or pointed tops according to their color.

image.jpeg.307b25ef1197429bfa8f6fd55c77e3db.jpeg

"Yesterday [Sept. 8, 2024], we welcomed 18 wonderful Veterans who worked at Bletchley Park during WW2 to return to the once top-secret site for the Annual Veterans’ Reunion. Aged between 97 to (almost) 102, Veterans enjoyed an afternoon tea in the Mansion, spending time together, with family and friends and reminiscing on their wartime experiences. Hazel Halter, who worked in the Naval Section during WW2, is now 99 years old and attended the reunion for the first time. She said: "I am so glad I came here to my first reunion. I have had a most enjoyable time. I was so happy during my time working at Bletchley Park, with wonderful friends. It has brought back so many lovely memories."

image.jpeg.899664908272cb6a2ba9e3c5fc0c4910.jpeg

15 hours ago, rostasi said:

"Yesterday [Sept. 8, 2024], we welcomed 18 wonderful Veterans who worked at Bletchley Park during WW2 to return to the once top-secret site for the Annual Veterans’ Reunion. Aged between 97 to (almost) 102, Veterans enjoyed an afternoon tea in the Mansion, spending time together, with family and friends and reminiscing on their wartime experiences. Hazel Halter, who worked in the Naval Section during WW2, is now 99 years old and attended the reunion for the first time. She said: "I am so glad I came here to my first reunion. I have had a most enjoyable time. I was so happy during my time working at Bletchley Park, with wonderful friends. It has brought back so many lovely memories."

image.jpeg.899664908272cb6a2ba9e3c5fc0c4910.jpeg

Heroes, one and all