Big Ears Festival

BFrank

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dunno. Some friends & people I have great love for are playing, but overall it seems like an elephant gun approach to curation, kind of like Pitchfork. I'm sure it'll be fun for anyone who goes, but I wish these big festival lineups didn't read like overstuffed Spotify playlists. This is just my observation and I'm not trying to poop in the punch bowl, so take my opinions with a dose of salt.

There is a lot more that is interesting to me this year, compared to last year, but passes are getting expensive...$750 for a premier pass at the early bird rate is a lot...The headliners are very "Pitchfork/NPR" as someone on another music message board described it. 

Edited by Hoppy T. Frog

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the last 5 Big Ears. Always have a great time and get to see amazing music. For example, last year's series of Henry Threadgill shows were spectacular. Some with him performing, and some without.

I also try to go outside my comfort zone and see artists I haven't heard before.

Many more artists have been added since that list, BTW