• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose you can call your record anything you want.
I don't see the sleaziness in doing that. 
Jim Sangrey's new album, "The Eleventh House."

Plus: as you can see, this Reitman album came out two years before the first Coryell album.
Also, Reitman had a radio show beginning in the 60s called "The Eleventh House" -
years before Coryell's band.
... but again, the idea of "Eleventh House" (Aquarius -"age of" and all that) was in the
heavily perfumed air of the time.

Edited by rostasi

45 minutes ago, rostasi said:

I suppose you can call your record anything you want.
I don't see the sleaziness in doing that. 
Jim Sangrey's new album, "The Eleventh House."

Plus: as you can see, this Reitman album came out two years before the first Coryell album.
Also, Reitman had a radio show beginning in the 60s called "The Eleventh House" -
years before Coryell's band.
... but again, the idea of "Eleventh House" (Aquarius -"age of" and all that) was in the
heavily perfumed air of the time.

So is that the name of the band or the name of the record? It reads to me like the name of the band, but if it's just the name of the record, ok, never mind.

On your birthday in three months, I will have been here for twenty years.
Every album cover and every book that I've posted has linked to info about "it." I'm still amazed that I still have to keep pointing this out dozens of times.
Are they showing up just for me and I've been deluding myself all of these years?

29 minutes ago, rostasi said:

On your birthday in three months, I will have been here for twenty years.

Assuming that I make it to then, I will have been here sixty-nine years, and will have no idea why or how.

But our current house is our 13th. I think. I'm not counting apartments, though. Should I?

57 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Bob Reitman was a DJ in Milwaukee when I lived there many years ago. It was called "free form" radio. Is that the Bob Reitman we're talking about in this thread??

Yup. He's only recently retired (last spring) and, yes, those were the days of freeform radio and some of the beginning days of Community Radio as well. Both of which exist in their various forms of glory these days with some of those original stations still broadcasting and doing their freeform thing. It's the only kind of radio I've ever been involved and/or interested in.

Edited by rostasi

23 hours ago, JSngry said:

It´s interesting how many different styles had Miles in only 5 Years, that always have been called the "electric phase" which is quite superficial.

I mean, first in 1970 it was still almost acoustic with the exception of Chick Corea on piano. 
In 1971 it was a bit more electric with Keith Jarrett on yamaha organ AND Fender Rhodes, and for the first time Mike Henderson on electric bass, and the first attempts of Miles to play wah wah pedal.
In 1972 it had a lot of indian elements like electric sitar, tablas and so on, like this "On the Corner" and "Miles in Concert". 
From 1973 on, when I saw him live, until 1975 it was in general the band with Dave Liebman or Sonny Fortune, Pete Cosey, Reggie Lucas, Mike Henderson, Al Foster and James M´tume. IMHO the greatest of them all.....

Sure I had ON THE CORNER as soon as it came out, but I didn´t buy the complete sessions.....

2 hours ago, optatio said:

👍 - I have this French copy from 1970 on my shelf ...

Ayler-1_stitch (Copy).jpg

I remember the French America Label very well, because it was our chance to get for little money some of the greatest music. 
Actually we called it "the Charles Mingus label" because most issues where Mingus records, as well from the Debut Years as well from the many occasions of the group with Dolphy, and even the then brand new 1970 recordings. 

On the back cover there always stood: "Other Mingus LPs of interest:......." 

But they had also Bird, Fats Navarro with Roy Eldrige, Max Roach "Speak Brother Speak" and so, that´s why we thought that Mingus being close to all those geniusses also brought their records out. 
It was a beautiful time, a wealth of music for cheap money and on the European Market, where US Imports or even Japonia-Imports were almost impossible to find or to purchase.....

21 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I remember the French America Label very well, because it was our chance to get for little money some of the greatest music. 
Actually we called it "the Charles Mingus label" because most issues where Mingus records, as well from the Debut Years as well from the many occasions of the group with Dolphy, and even the then brand new 1970 recordings. 

On the back cover there always stood: "Other Mingus LPs of interest:......." 

But they had also Bird, Fats Navarro with Roy Eldrige, Max Roach "Speak Brother Speak" and so, that´s why we thought that Mingus being close to all those geniusses also brought their records out. 
It was a beautiful time, a wealth of music for cheap money and on the European Market, where US Imports or even Japonia-Imports were almost impossible to find or to purchase.....

Oh yes - from my shelf ...

Mingus-21-1_stitch (Copy).jpg