• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke up looking forward to a dinner tonight with my two brothers, their wives, and my two youngest nieces. Never see them enough!

It’s beautiful outside! Nice brief walk with Fiona the dachshund.

Starting the listening off with a new arrival, Matt Wilson “That’s Gonna Leave A Mark” Palmetto cd

4dcc0c355e776af1c9709dd42a33bb73437d860b

10 hours ago, Peter Friedman said:

th-260247968.jpeg

A nice way to treat the big band charts that way: You hear them done by vocals, and as I hear, also the original solos of the tenor are vocalized. The only thing is, the text is outright dumb nonsens, maybe that was a la mode then in Europe and considered as "Art". But only about the music......this is great and a great chance to hear Diz with a Bud in great form with his long years trio with Clark and Michelot.

Last week I listened to those two.

Dexter is so great on the vintage bop "Second Balcony Jump", with all them quotes that are so hip and quick thought.

I think everybody hear will recognize that he quotes "Dinah"...

The second was that Allstar Quartet Hutch-Cables-Herbie Lewis-Philly J.J. 
Great music, I saw Hutch, Cables, Lewis on several occasions in several settings, but never got the chance to see my first hero on drums Philly Joe Joe live. 
His solo on Salt Peanuts from my first LP "Steamin" (Miles) I think I spinned very very very often, it´s my personal highpoint of the record....

Download (2).jpg

Download (3).jpg

Neil Young “Time Fades Away” Reprise cd

This is the most recent cd version, to improve listening compared to my worn LP. This is a sentimental favorite. . . I was at one of these shows.

f355d9572964d3e8db5b4738346b49957d392414.jpeg

Tete Montoliu “Temas Brasilenos” Ensayo/Muzak (Japan) cd

Followed by

3b24e586000229965e2186eb5b7c12609a4572d8

Followed by

Disc 2 this time.

Red McKenzie!

This cover gave me a scary thought. . . what if we had recordings of Eddie on theramin!

[IMG]
Edited by jazzbo

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Woke up looking forward to a dinner tonight with my two brothers, their wives, and my two youngest nieces. Never see them enough!

It’s beautiful outside! Nice brief walk with Fiona the dachshund.

Starting the listening off with a new arrival, Matt Wilson “That’s Gonna Leave A Mark” Palmetto cd

4dcc0c355e776af1c9709dd42a33bb73437d860b

How's Fiona doing now? A few weeks ago the reports were of her being very under the weather I seem to remember 

I envy your attendance at the Neil shows, I didn't get to see him until the tour with the MGs

I like Matt Wilson so will see if this is streamable over here

3 hours ago, mjazzg said:

How's Fiona doing now? A few weeks ago the reports were of her being very under the weather I seem to remember 

I envy your attendance at the Neil shows, I didn't get to see him until the tour with the MGs

I like Matt Wilson so will see if this is streamable over here

Fiona has become both blind and deaf . . . she is quite old. She still has an appetite though! She needs constant monitoring and lots of help but we love her and hope she lives forever, :)