• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/27/2024 at 5:23 AM, T.D. said:

Some KD (and KD-related) favorites:

NDctMzM0OC5qcGVn.jpegMzItNjM5OC5qcGVn.jpeg

NjEtOTcwMC5qcGVn.jpegNzEtNTMzOC5qcGVn.jpeg

I love the "Afro Cuban" album. Mostly the side 1 with that great afro cuban tunes with percussion but also to some extent the lesser known side 2 with the swing session. I think it was the tune "La Villa" that I performed on some occasions, it´s a wonderful fast tune, you play it up tempo but it still is lyrical, wonderful chords, just heaven on earth to play that stuff.

1m

e3bc5df012eb116e2a426ed1a3ff5c9c5c7ec749

Miles Davis “The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel 1965” Sony/Tower Records SACD box set, disc 3

I’ll never tire of the music in this set. And this edition sounds really good. (I also have the Sony gold cd “Teo Macero” edition and enjoy its sound).

6 minutes ago, jazzbo said:
1m

e3bc5df012eb116e2a426ed1a3ff5c9c5c7ec749

Miles Davis “The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel 1965” Sony/Tower Records SACD box set, disc 3

I’ll never tire of the music in this set. And this edition sounds really good. (I also have the Sony gold cd “Teo Macero” edition and enjoy its sound).

I think I have the 2 separate LPs, good idea you remember me about it. Got to get it on USB for maybe playing on longer drives in the night. Always good to have some good music on such activities.

I love how that second quintet developed further and further and the music grew naturally from stuff like this to let´s say Filles de Killijanjaro, In a Silent Way, Bitches Brew and all that followed. Wonderful. Had forgotten about that session, but will listen to it eventually.