• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Good to see Nat being played, not too sure too many folk know of him here

Oh, yeah! I like his work and I've been kinda following the arc of his changing interests over the years.

3 hours ago, HutchFan said:

71w08ixmkQL._UF600,600_QL80_.jpg

He really plays nice, but I fear that it´s somehow my fault that I don´t have a sole album of him. Heard about fans that are really crazy about him and have everything he recorded, but something does not "work" for me or "exite" me the way other artists inspire me. Strange for many, but I try to be honest.....,

5 hours ago, dougcrates said:

NC04Nzk0LmpwZWc.jpeg

It's always great to revisit this one.

It was my first under his own name. I was a big Don Cherry Fan almost as early as I started listening to jazz. And someone had that album and I taped it on casetofon, like we all did. I think that strange guy who really had those then called "avantgarde" or "free jazz" records, also had a super rare "Charles Brackeen" Rhythm X, which I also taped since there was "MY" Don Cherry on it. 

That guy...... you know, had a big magnetofon, big boxes and speakers, lot of equipment, and other stuff whas not in his one room appartment. He only had an ashtray, a "sac de dormit" (who you say ? Sleepin´sack????) , a caftan and a sombrero, and I was a shy little kid, but I loved to be in that room......

On 7/29/2024 at 4:38 AM, ghost of miles said:

51m4jvMgxYL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Another album that I love very much. Though I think I have listened more to his first album "Lifetime", but "Spring" is an easier album, it is more "swing" in it, or "schwing" how Alfred Lion said .....