• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This month when I turn on my stereo in the morning it’s an exciting first few minutes as the sound struts out. The system has never sounded better! Music is a thrilling component of the day.

Right now
“Duke Ellington in the Uncommon Market” OJC cd

Not your typical Ellington concert (actually excerpts of three concerts, one in Sweden, one in Italy, and one in France) of rarely played material. Waking my brain up!

On 6/23/2024 at 9:51 PM, rostasi said:

Well, not only that, but Laswell insists on milking his live recordings no matter what the quality - which, as you might've guessed - is not all that good.
Like usual, just click and listen for yourself.

I checked the track Meet Your Maker this morning. I dig Bill's sound and this one wasn't so bad...kind of sounds like Jane's Addiction playing 70's Miles. I'll have to listen to the rest at some point. 

WP/NP:

ODgtMTA3NS5qcGVn.jpeg

I absolutely love both of the Mars Williams albums on Corbett vs Dempsey. Excellent playing and fun to listen to. 

After this, quite a change in pace and style: 

NDQtMzQxOC5qcGVn.jpeg

Vol. 1...Going to George Coleman from Mars Williams was actually a little jarring. This sounded like easy listening jazz at first, but it gets better as it settles in. Walton, Sam Jones and Higgins actually make a great trio 🤔

Edited by Dub Modal
Added words

Robert Parker/Jazz Classics in Digital Stereo “Duke Ellington – Swing 1930 To 1938” cd

I found where I had placed about 18 of these “Digital Stereo” re-workings of classic earlier jazz and chose this one to listen to today. They are fun, some better to listen to than others, but the track choices are interesting.