So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

37 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

71vqmrEoNbL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Thanks for hipping me to this record. Doesn’t appear to have ever been reissued on CD except in Japan about ten years ago? I was hoping that perhaps Fantasy had paired it with another Adderley album on a twofer, but doesn’t appear to be the case.

Any rough estimate yet from Scott on when it’s coming out?

No idea.

• Replies 80.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, HutchFan said:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Liebman is one of my very favourites ! I don´t have this one. Is this more traditional stuff, Ellington and so ? 

4 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

81CuZaeyZNL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I heard Shelly Manne´s drumming very very well last night when I spinned a Wardell Gray live album where he is the drummer. 

I had not heard more than his name before or seen his picture, but what he is doin on that Wardell Gray album is great, loud like I love it, loud, quick and everything, just the way I like to hear the drums. I must admit that I almost dare to say I listened more to the drums than to the horns.....

3 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Live in Valencia 92 | Johnny Griffin | Storyville Records

I always like live records. I´m not really an audiophile and couldn´t be with a lot of hearing lost after decades of playing, but on live records you hear it like if it´s played live, and you hear the drums better than on many studio records. 

9 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Liebman is one of my very favourites ! I don´t have this one. Is this more traditional stuff, Ellington and so ?

Gheorghe, it's a typical Liebman release with mostly originals.   See the tracklist below:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

I'm especially a fan of this incarnation of the Dave Liebman Group -- the early-2000s quartet with guitarist Vic Juris and no pianist.  This same lineup* did: 
Conversation (Sunnyside),
Blues All Ways (OmniTone),
Further Conversations: Live (True Azul), and
- The Turnaround (Jazzwerkstatt).

* there was one change -- in the drummer's chair, from Jamey Haddad to Marko Marcinko -- during this run

Edited by HutchFan