Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/1/2024 at 3:46 PM, jazzbo said:

Watched--and listened to through the living room audio/visual system--the 90th Birthday tribute concert for Willie Nelson on CBS from the DVR.

Everyone brought their A game to this Willie fest and Lukas Nelson and Dave Matthews really impressed me--and I confess neither ever impressed me before. A well done, fun concert.

Willie-Nelson-and-Keith-Richards-Credit-

Did you notice the president of Blue Note on bass?

9 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

That big bag of hip hop has some gems 

... also a lot of rare first US press discs i am selling now. Found a bag of 400-500 euro of discs ! Standing there for hours and hours. Strange story; ... people were moving out so i asked; do you still listening to those discs ? No, not from us, so i thought ahhh they are just helping a friend and i left it. Came back after hours ... still there, the bell rang of course ! Saw a note attached,  take for free. The thing is the bag belonged to somebody else and i feel lucky it was still around !

Edited by Referentzhunter

18 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

... also a lot of rare first US press discs i am selling now. Found a bag of 400-500 euro of discs ! Standing there for hours and hours. Strange story; ... people were moving out so i asked; do you still listening to those discs ? No, not from us, so i thought ahhh they are just helping a friend and i left it. Came back after hours ... still there, the bell rang of course ! Saw a note attached,  take for free. The thing is the bag belonged to somebody else and i feel lucky it was still around !

That was nice of them! Happy listening and good luck with the sales. The Dre Chronic is an absolute classic. 

7 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

That was nice of them! Happy listening and good luck with the sales. The Dre Chronic is an absolute classic. 

Ahahah ... Thank you. Just luck. Do you know this album ? I have it for sale right now butttt .... maybe i have to keep it. There is a chance it will grow on me. It is alittle bit to raw and hard for me. You understand ?

R-826648-1525026314-2697aaa.jpg

10 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

Ahahah ... Thank you. Just luck. Do you know this album ? I have it for sale right now butttt .... maybe i have to keep it. There is a chance it will grow on me. It is alittle bit to raw and hard for me. You understand ?

Classic boom bap from the early 90s. It's definitely raw but I recommend keeping it. It doesn't stream in the US, so physical is the only way to go. 

Ill Street Blues is great 

1 minute ago, Dub Modal said:

Classic boom bap from the early 90s. It's definitely raw but I recommend keeping it. It doesn't stream in the US, so physical is the only way to go. 

Ill Street Blues is great 

Ok, I relisted it as i did with: six feed deep from Gravediggaz and i wil be relisting more coming days. 

3 hours ago, soulpope said:

0191018776251_600.jpg

Recorded in October 1990 .... the search is over .... there is always Hope ....

That's a good record.

Found this attractive and unusually structured tune when reevaluating Waiting:

Cannonball Adderley Quintet in Chicago, Japanese LP facsimile 24bit cd 1996, PHCE-3065

I haven’t spun this in some time and it’s a treat to hear again. But. . . I’ve long been puzzled. . . who chose “Limehouse Blues” and “Star Fell on Alabama”?

“Nat King Cole LIve at the Bllue Note Chicago 1953” disc 2

Listening to disc 2 again. This is a very charming set. . . Nat is so inviting, you feel as if you are there.

61b2de64ed60317bb5025f9fe3b6de7a88032938

And . . . John Collins and Lee Young!

Edited by jazzbo

Jack Tracy?

Throw in "Weaver Of Dreams". It was literally decades before I heard another version of that, and then it was a vocal. One more reason I should have paid attention to singers before I did.

"Stars..." Is a bit of a classic, imo. I've yet to meet a "bop" altoist who can't play it at least in part!

"Limehouse..." is sort of a "Sweet Georgia Brown" running of the cycle thing that used to be a popular way to show off the chops in a show-offy way, so with these two guys up front, hey. Producers gotta produce.

7 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Jack Tracy?

Throw in "Weaver Of Dreams". It was literally decades before I heard another version of that, and then it was a vocal. One more reason I should have paid attention to singers before I did.

"Stars..." Is a bit of a classic, imo. I've yet to meet a "bop" altoist who can't play it at least in part!

"Limehouse..." is sort of a "Sweet Georgia Brown" running of the cycle thing that used to be a popular way to show off the chops in a show-offy way, so with these two guys up front, hey. Producers gotta produce.

Yes, it was probably Tracy. . . but those two, those three. . . I don't know a couple of originals or bop workhorses would have been more. . . anticipated? effective?

We got what we got and it's fun. I can't hear "Alabama" without Teagarden's voice coming in my head.

7 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

Intelligent stuff.

2834.jpg

A classic 5 mic album. 

7 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

Another classic.  It's been so long that I can't remember the back story but I'm pretty sure this album was pulled from the shelves shortly after it was released.  

23 hours ago, HutchFan said:

Now this AMAZING record:

MTMtMzg1My5qcGVn.jpeg

BBE CD reissue

A great album.  I'd never heard of it until this reissue but I've kept it in heavy rotation since.  

I heard "Weaver ...' in high school, back when these things ran rampant:

LTgyNzkuanBlZw.jpeg

LTk3NTguanBlZw.jpeg

My next version was the Limelight LP, which, dare I say it, was not more enjoyable due to it's being complete.

But..."The Tune Of The Hickory Stick"...no, no such thing, not on this record.