So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

On 3/15/2022 at 0:24 AM, BillF said:

MI0003054552.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I had a girl friend many years ago who only owned one jazz record and this was it. 

On 3/10/2022 at 0:10 PM, jazzbo said:

MI0002286192.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

This volume in the series is great--all either Commodore Records sides (I have all three of the Mosaic Records LP sets) or V-DISCS and every performance features Pee Wee Russell as a band member, and that's a great thing, plus lots of ERNIE CACERES!

I didn't know about this but bought it (cheap) on Amazon for Pee Wee. It's great. Thanks for the recommendation. 

A weird brain fart:  for years I remembered that in my home town, which only had one radio station, it  not only played cover versions of early rock and roll (Pat Boone instead of Little Richard) but a cover of Buddy Knox's Party Doll by Muggsy Spanier.   I recently mentioned this to a knowledgeable friend and he pointed out that it was Wingy Manone who'd done a cover of Party Doll.  I checked it out on Lord and he was right.  Now I'd never heard of either trumpeter at that time so when did I do the transference?

• Replies 82.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images