• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Not a song that I would've EVER associated with George Shearing!  :P 

Yet. . . there it is.

I found the LP years ago without ever having heard it, and bought it just for that track.  I couldn't even imagine how the quintet would play it.  Turns out it's a killer version!  

41 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

I found the LP years ago without ever having heard it, and bought it just for that track.  I couldn't even imagine how the quintet would play it.  Turns out it's a killer version!  

I don't usually get into Shearing, unless he's playing with some good Latin percussion. Then everything works for me.

6 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I don't usually get into Shearing, unless he's playing with some good Latin percussion. Then everything works for me.

I like most of the MGM-era stuff, but from Capitol on, my favorite Shearing albums (and individual tracks) have Latin percussion. I like his solo piano albums, too, though I don't spin them often.

2 hours ago, soulpope said:

👌👍 ....

Strange, so much as I liked "Back to the Track", I didn´t find much stuff for me on the "Waitin´ game". 
Somehow like I don´t like the before unissued album they made with Freddie Redd. I love his compositions, his playing and his choice of musicians so much and was so disappointed by I think it´s titled "Redd´s Blues", with an obscure drummer, who doesn´t fit in, and the ensemble playing and the horn solos are also a mess.....

Fiona the dachshund has decided that this is the first COLD morning. Feels welcome to me!

Starting off with
Tina Brooks "Minor Move" Blue Note Japan 85th Anniversary UHQCD.

I wish they had used the original Japanese cover. But this sure sounds better than the last release!

Tina-Brooks-Minor-Move-album-cover-820.j

Edited by jazzbo