Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, jazzbo said:

It’s been too long since I spun a cd by the maestro.

This is one of my favorites.

Andy Bey “Ballads, Blues & Bey” Evidence cd

6b9b6580d9d9da239d90284b944458607c9a7f7c

Just beautiful 

16 hours ago, rostasi said:

That's true, but you can get a PDF here.

The liners in PDF form are just a larger, easier-to-read version of
what's printed in very tiny print on the physical edition, but yeah,
when it comes to download, I'm guessing you don't get them.

Thanks for the link. Think I'll jump for the download now, physical is costly to get to the UK. Maybe it will get distribution

12 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Ny03MjYyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Yes, I had the old Double Album "Fats Navarro" on that double albums with that hidous brown covers. 
There is also a tune that doesn´t seem to be on the original BN´s . The wonderful Kenny Hagood "I think I´ll go away". 

I had not known the Capitol tracks until I bought this double CD. Capitol was not available in record stores in Viena. 
I only had read about "Stealin´Apples" with Benny Goodman. 
It´s a cute tune with some very fine Fats and I think Benny Goodman did like Fats´ sound ! 

There was a strange remark Fats told and I read it in an Ira Gitler Book . Fats about Goodman "Benny was´nt too cool. He seemed outright corny to me". I didn´t understand the meaning of that then, but as a musican I know what´s cool and what´s corny...

9 hours ago, Brad said:

IMG_7094.jpg

This is about one of the very very few organ I listen to: I listen to "A Date with Jimmy Smith Vol. 1 and 2", Grant Green "I wanna talk about you" (with Larry and Mobley), the two Larry Young albums one with Rivers, one with Henderson and Woody Shaw.... and sometimes very rarely for easy listening I listen to this "Let em roll" because the strange front line of miscellanous instruments : Guitar, Vibes.....no horns.....

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Rain! Very welcome by all the outside world, but Fiona the dachshund is not very happy about it. . . .

Don Menza/Pete Magadini “Live At Claudio’s” Sackville cd

1860d1a762a5efc6034962c5b5d106e8825fecf4

I must admit I have not heard much of Don Menza but when I saw him once in Viena he was tops, played tenor, really tough tenor with all them runs and almost like Griffin.....really a surprises....I was sick and inactive then, but now I regret I didn´t play with someone like him.....