Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Yes - it's taken me decades to get this and the second Emanon set but my CBBB collection is now complete. 🙂

Bought it back then, didn't play it for quite some time so unsure which parts of the box remained exclusive (following the CBBB releases on Rearward) ....

Just now, soulpope said:

Bought it back then, didn't play it for quite some time so unsure which parts of the box remained exclusive (following the CBBB releases on Rearward) ....

Quite a bit of the first box still is - especially those suites. Less so the second box but it does include the 'Open Door' album which I have on Muse vinyl and it is good to have it on CD. I like the CD sound on set 1 - nice and clear, not compressed. I'm assuming that set 2 will be similar.

There's also nice booklet notes in both sets which keep the likes of me happy. Not sure about the metallic box cover in set 1 though - it must have been done by the metal/rust fetishist who did the Bill Evans Verve monstrosity.🤡

3 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Quite a bit of the first box still is - especially those suites. Less so the second box but it does include the 'Open Door' album which I have on Muse vinyl and it is good to have it on CD. I like the CD sound on set 1 - nice and clear, not compressed. I'm assuming that set 2 will be similar.

There's also nice booklet notes in both sets which keep the likes of me happy. Not sure about the metallic box cover in set 1 though - it must have been done by the metal/rust fetishist who did the Bill Evans Verve monstrosity.🤡

Thnx .... so time for digging it out again 🧐😎 ....

This album has fascinated me a few decades. This High Definition Tape Transfer cdr is the best sounding version I have heard.

Powell is just weaving stories to me on this one. And with Michelin and Clarke supporting him he can just go where he pleases.

The Monk numbers make me feel as if he is really playing these to a friend. . . far away.

Bud Powell “A Portrait of Thelonious” Columbia/HDTT cdr

dd16694b0965be490f6c6df5da0c78ec715fdc92

6 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Powell is just weaving stories to me on this one. And with Michelin and Clarke supporting him he can just go where he pleases.

The Monk numbers make me feel as if he is really playing these to a friend. . . far away.

Bud Powell “A Portrait of Thelonious” Columbia/HDTT cdr

Outstanding ....

15 hours ago, sidewinder said:

OC0xMzkzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Some good previously-unissued material on this 2CD set put out by Gigi Campi.

As far as do remember its all previously issued material.

But have to check that on my 2 copies

Edited by jazzcorner
text change