• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some heavy rain this morning! It was a hot night and I got up briefly at 3 but was able to convice Fiona the dachshund to let me go back to sleep.

Starting off with a collection that it dawned on me that I needed and this first disc is killer!

Grateful Dead “30 Trips Around the Sun: The Definitive Live Story 1965–1995” cd 1 of 4.

I never did try to get the full 80 cd set. . . affectionately known as “the porch crusher”. . . but I wish I had made the effort.

de621cfb396412b3e58adbed1ffeb437e56f38dd

"Dark Magus" is the live electric Miles I just don't listen to much. Doesn't do it for me!

Right now--the OPPOSITE of Dark Magus!

Easing into a warm, humid morning (though it is supposed to get deliciously cool today). A little stiff from painting the kitchen, but not too bad. . . .

This is definitely EASY listening, sounding very much like the Maestro’s own last recordings–nice sound and textures.

Brazilian Tropical Orchestra & Singers “Music Of Antonio Carlos Jobim”

16d3303168471fa7c6474765563ad474dcdd0b76

Jason Moran this morning,

'Artist in Residence' and 'Modernistic'. Enjoyed them both, a lot.

I used to buy all his releases but pricing and lack of distribution over here since he's released on his own album has stopped this. A shame but I'm all for him charging what he feels represents value for his artistic endeavours 

Edit to add: I now see that they're all fully streamable from BC. Not sure that's always been the case. Great news

Edited by mjazzg