• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jazzcorner said:

Have it with this coverart

48201937in.jpg

though I definitly am NOT an OP fan, this one I have spinned sometimes, because it is not so overwhelming, like let´s say "Night Train". OI think "We Get Requests" and "Nighttrain" I had heard on some of those houses of upper class who heared classical but had "hidden" one Peterson or Garner LP. 

But let´s say, there is a few occasion where I have "bock" to hear some pieces like this, maybe if I am tired and lazy and don´t want to thing primarly about music. 

The third one I like most, and got from Serena is "In Tune" with the Singers Unlimited. That´s also cool because it does not have this Peterson banging the whole 88 keys.....

a4283974490_65

@rostasi I'm actually digging some of these tracks. I didn't read the write up about it but it appears to be a comp of (mostly?) previously issued live dates. The 2015 Stone Residency tracks with Ulmer are fantastic. Not a fan of the Buckethead track, and haven't gotten to the Frith yet either but overall those others were persuasive. 

Just now, soulpope said:

Believe the three volumes of Cedar Walton Quartet on SteepleChase recorded @ Montmartre Copenhagen in October 1977 are a worthy option....

👍 Thanks!

NP:

NzctMzU1Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

The addition of Curtis Fuller to the lineup brings some variation. Not my favorite trombonist but he does well enough here, and his presence on these tracks is substantial. If you're a Fuller fan, you'll dig this.

Seven Minds is the standout track IMO. Nice playing from Jones is a highlight. 

Edited by Dub Modal
Added words

Moved to Eastern Rebellion 4 which is interesting for the addition of Alfredo Armenteros on trumpet and David Williams on bass. 

NP:

NjctNTMwMS5qcGVn.jpeg

This is a nice pairing with the first volume since it's that same quartet here, live in Bremen '76. I dig these guys live a little more than in a studio. Looks like it has only this Japanese CD as the official release, but I bet it's online somewhere. 

Another cool morning. With some rain. Hope they keep coming!

Right now, starting the day off wtih some swinging Mr. T and wife.

Stanley Turrentine “Let it Go” Impulse Japan SHM-CD

Bass – Ron Carter
Drums – Mack Simpkins
Organ – Shirley Scott
Tenor Saxophone – Stanley Turrentine

0016afc3e8af059da814678f4c896fffadb6cc64