So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

4 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Ny01MTk1LmpwZWc.jpeg

again

Is it possible that this is a posthum-re-issue, because as I noticed, the original BN-albums of Jackie McLean always had that typical BN cover art, mosty photos of the musicians as cover photo.

I even think I don´t know the tunes on this here. 
Once in the late 80´s I bought a strange "BN" album of McLean titled "Tippin´the Scales" but it didn´t look like a classic BN album, and I was disappointed by the content, because though it was from the eary 60´s it sounded older. 
I love Jackie McLean mostly for what he did on BN on stuff like "Let Freedom Ring",  "One Step Beyond", "Destination Out" and "Devil Dance", those was the albums I liked mostly. 

Edited by Gheorghe

• Replies 82.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Is that Ray Bryant on the cover?

Yes, McRae, Ronnell Bright and Ray Bryant alternate on the piano chair on this LP--one session is Carmen or Ronnell, the other session Ray. Ike Isaacs and Specs Wright are the drummer and bassist.

Edited by jazzbo

14 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Miles Davis “My Funny Valentine” Sony Blu-Spec CD2 2023

2a5790771a56b93bd41dd143fa0315666ec9feaa

This was a key element in my earliest musical impressions. One of the best Miles albums from the acoustic era. 
I heard those versions of "Valentine" and "All Blues" first and only years later I heard KOB and was disappointed because it sounded to "polished" to me. 

And I think that this version of Funny Valentine is the only one that I like. Sure it might be a nice tune but I have avoided to play it since 50 years, cannot even say why