Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• jazzbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG-3877.jpg

its here! With another 10 dollar import fees ouch…. Music makes up a lot. Classic Tapscott stuff. Man it must have been something sitting in a church watching the Arkestra. Is it true that the other volumes will have improved sound or am I just making that up?

3 hours ago, optatio said:

👍 - as LP on my shelf!

Rollins biog is inspiring a lot of listening: book in one hand (not quite because of the weight), phone in other, getting all those obscure dates on Spotify as they're analysed in the text. 🎷

41 minutes ago, BillF said:

Rollins biog is inspiring a lot of listening: book in one hand (not quite because of the weight), phone in other, getting all those obscure dates on Spotify as they're analysed in the text. 🎷

I was lucky to see him live years ago in Hamburg ...

15 minutes ago, optatio said:

Unfortunately I missed the great man during his long career. In the 60s he appeared at Manchester's Club 43 where I saw Webster, Mobley, Griffin, Dexter, but not Sonny. 😢

47 minutes ago, optatio said:

I saw him in Velden in 1979 with Mark Soskin, Jerome Harris and Al Foster. It was shortly after he had recorded "Don´t Ask" so some of the material was on the set, as well as "Isn´t She Lovely" and "Carneval" from other recordings from 1977, 1978. And had seen and admired Al Foster some years before with Miles, so I was very happy to see him again with Rollins. 

20 hours ago, Joe said:

image.jpg?c=iiJzZPk-oC-V87y_Cto6ij6KsMtt

Sacrilege, maybe, but I think I've come to admire these recordings more than I do KIND OF BLUE.

I don´t know that album cover. I thing the same personnel is on "Miles at Newport". Everything live I like more than studio recordings, and in my kind my admirering stuff more than KOB might be a same "sacrileg" since when I bought it I already had heard "So What" and "All Blues" in much more exiting versions (to me) with Hancock and Williams than the slower pathes of the studio album. 
And I like Miles Davis other pianists more than Bill Evans, that´s my personal taste.  

5 hours ago, Pim said:

IMG-3877.jpg

its here! With another 10 dollar import fees ouch…. Music makes up a lot. Classic Tapscott stuff. Man it must have been something sitting in a church watching the Arkestra. Is it true that the other volumes will have improved sound or am I just making that up?

Is this the new one? I think I missed out on it. 😞