Bobby Wellins 1936-2016

BillF

So sorry to hear this sad news this morning. :(

He was a wonderful musician and still playing superbly just a few years ago at Swanage when I last saw him with Kate Williams' group. If I remember rightly, he was also scheduled to appear there this Summer but due to illness this was sadly not to be.

The Wellins/Tracey collaborations are his great legacy. RIP.

Very sad, indeed. A musician who has brought me endless pleasure since I first heard one of his records in the early 80s. One of those players with an immediately identifiable sound. Best known for his music in the 60s but he put out some great records in the last twenty years. Saw him several times - I especially treasure the memory of an Appleby performance caught on this disc:

Image result for When The Sun Comes Out

RIP

Sad news, doubly so as a friend spoke to him not too long ago in a supermarket and he seemed to be getting on well.

He played at our club several times in recent years.  He always put on a good show despite his dislike of electric keyboards,

Sad news, doubly so as a friend spoke to him not too long ago in a supermarket and he seemed to be getting on well.

He played at our club several times in recent years.  He always put on a good show despite his dislike of electric keyboards,